Question

How can I add plain text to a dynamic request type?

• 17 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello!

I’m having a bear of a time trying to find a way to add simple plain text to a portion of our helpdesk. When the requestor selects various request types, specific fields are needed for each type. For some (like the one pictured) I need to tell the user something specific such as what permissions are needed or equipment they are requesting. The only way I’ve found is to change the display name on something like the text box but then there is a box that they can incorrectly put things in.

Ideally, I would like to remove the check boxes altogether and just tell them to put it in the description box the the text section.

I’ve done a fair bit of researching and have found a few articles by others with some potential answers, but none of them have worked for me. Am I just missing the option to add ONLY static text?

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

​​​@Secrecy7919 

Greetings from Freshworks community

It can be done via Portal customization to display a line of text in the Customer portal

Request to let us know which plan you are IN to suggest the option that is available via Portal customization.

Cheers

Badge +1

Thank you for the response!

We are on the Pro plan.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Secrecy7919 ,

Using Portal customization, you can add a line of text to the page.

Step 1:

Add the following jQuery ref link to the Layout - Head Page (Admin->Portals->Customize portal-> Pages→Layout → Head)

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

Step 2:

Go to Admin->Portals->Customize Portal->Layout&pages->Portal pages->New ticket

1. Enter the following line of code below <section class="content main rounded-6 fc-new-ticket"> as seen in the screenshot on the right(Screenshot 1).

<div class = "test"> </div>

2. Include the following script at any location on the required page. You can edit the text to be displayed by replacing the text "WORKING"(Screenshot 2).

<script>

jQuery("<p>WORKING or any required text</p>" ).insertBefore( ".test" );

</script>

Below Screenshots for reference

Cheers

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, that puts the text up at the top of the page. I am looking to have the text appear once the user selects the New Equipment... Request type under the Check Equipment Below… text box. Like this:

Is that possible? I was also following this article, however, I was never able to get anything to show even after changing the fields to my values.

I also wonder, why it’s not possible to add a static text section, like the dropdowns or text boxes, from in the Ticket Fields section?

Thanks for your help!

Badge

Has anybody found a viable workaround? All proposed solutions don't work.

Badge +1

No… Unfortunately ours is still with the check boxes.