Solved

How can I filter contacts by group or agent?

• 11 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I’d like to create filters such as “My groups contacts” or “My contacts”.  But there does not seem to be a way to do this in Freshdesk.  Is there?

icon

Best answer by Keer 12 April 2021, 06:18

View original

7 replies

Same question????

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @stevemc, Once you apply the filter, you can save the view as a contact segment which you can view in the future and use in the automation as well. 

After applying the filter, click on the ‘tick’ mark as highlighted in the below screenshot: 

Filtering contacts for customer segments

In the dialog that pops up on the top-left corner of the screen, enter the name of the view and click on Save. 

Saving customer segment

Once you do that, the view you saveed would be visible in the contacts tab

Saved customer segment

Note: You would only be able to filter by the following custom customer fields, apart from the available fields in the filter panel:

• Checkboxes
  • Number fields and 
  • Dropdown fields

Can you refer to this elaborate documentation on how you can add and use customer segments in you helpdesk? 

If you have any further queries, please write to support@freshdesk.com and we’d be happy to help. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks @Keer.  I think I was thinking about this incorrectly.  I was thinking things were like the CRM where each contact or company has an owner but now that I think it thru a bit more that’s not the case.  Thanks for the info!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Sure, @stevemc :)

I think I was thinking about this incorrectly.  I was thinking things were like the CRM where each contact or company has an owner but now that ELORA I think it thru a bit more that’s not the case.  Thanks for the info!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, @bethay aoror!

The usage of contacts in Freshworks CRM is different from that in Freshdesk. In case you still have questions with configuring contact segments in your helpdesk, please drop a note here or alternately write to support@freshdesk.com and we would be happy to help!

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team

Badge +1

Impossible to filter contacts that have 2 tickets and more. i.e.

Useless for starter plans.¼ of mobile interface is useless.