Question

How can I filter tickets using contact or company fields ?

• 27 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi everyone,

I have been using Freshdesk with my support team for a year and I still have several things I can’t do (or at least, I have not found how to do them).

First and foremost is the possibility to filter tickets, contacts and companies using contact or company fields (and more precisely custom fields).

For instance, par of our customers have an « autonomy » contract while the other part have more assistance with several options in their contracts.

I set it up in Freshdesk with several checkboxes (one for each additional option)

I would like to be able to :

• list all companies with such or such option
  • filter contact in companies with such or such option
  • filter tickets with such or such option

I can access this by exporting my data but this doesn’t really help my support team for their daily work.

Another example is the company name. In the standard company name, we put a numerical ID (because most of the time, this is the name we use internally). But sometimes, we have to search for the customer using their own name and this name is stored in a custom field.

I would like to be able to filter my tickets on a company using that custom name field and not the standard name field.

Last question (linked to my problem) : is it possible to have a list of custom views in the contact / companies screen like there is in the ticket screen ?

I have one of the previous plans, Blossom.

3 replies

Badge +7

I’d like to filter by custom text field empty/nonempty.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thanks for the link about this feature. I’m not sure that would be enough for my need but I’ll study it to know if it is worthwhile to upgrade.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @JulianeB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Freshworks Community!

I understand your concern with filtering Contact/Companies using custom customer fields, I am afraid Freshdesk currently supports filtering of Drop-down fields, be it a ticket field or a customer/company field. 

I see you are looking to filter the contacts based on created check-boxes, which is currently not supported as of now, but we are still in the process of enhancing features within our application and we will ensure we have this relayed to our product team as a good to have feature, considering the ease of filtering your data.

Coming to the ease of filtering contacts, we have a feature contact segmentation, available from the Pro Plan and above, please refer to the following link and let me know if this works for your case - 

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/235358-personalize-your-support-using-customer-segments

I hope this helps, if you have any further queries please let me know and I will be happy to assist.

Cheers!