Question

How do I listen for bulk ticket updates in Fresdesk?

• 21 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

In Freshdesk serverless there is onTicketUpdated, in Freshdesk webhooks it is possible to listen for a ticket update. 

However, it is possible for an admin to bulk update tickets. For example change multiple tickets’ assigned agent. 

How do I listen for those bulk changes using the Freshdesk API? 

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @supertopoz ,

Greetings from Freshworks Community!

We do provide the option to bulk update the tickets using API. Please check the below developer article for the same:
https://developers.freshdesk.com/api/#bulk_update_tickets

Regards,
Jebas D.

Badge

@Jebas Hi there. 

Thanks for your input. 

I should mention, I’m not looking to bulk update tickets. In my case I want to know when the tickets are bulk updated by an agent or admin in the Freshdesk user interface. 

Currently, I know how to listen for changes on an individual ticket, using a product event. However, I need to know when tickets get changed in bulk, but I can’t find a product event or webhook for that case.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @supertopoz 

When bulk update is performed on tickets either via the UI or the app, it gets captured as a single event in the ticket activities and does not show that it has been bulk updated. Because of this, there is no way to trigger a notification when bulk action is performed.

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further assistance :)

Cheers,
Barun 

Badge +1

👌

Badge

@barun.poddar Hi there. 

Thanks for sharing. In my case I have moved to polling for changed tickets every 5 seconds. It is not ideal and seems inefficient but it does work. 

I would be cool if there was global event for bulk update in the client as it would save a lot of work building out a server to poll for changes.