How do I use Freshdesk for proactive customer correspondence?

• 16 September 2013
  • 1 reply

The uttermost purpose of a help desk like Freshdesk is to ease the reactive correspondence with a customer, that is awaiting for customers to send in support tickets. Sometimes I need to contact a certain customer proactively, and I feel like I'm not quite sure the best way to do so using Freshdesk. By creating a new ticket in the requestors name, an email will be sent which states that he/she created a new ticket and will likely confuse the customer (or in my case, they won't retrieve anything at all since I have turned off the new ticket email notification for customers). What I think I'm looking for is a way for me, the agent, to be the requestor, and the customer to be in some sort of agent role. 

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Jimmy,

Earlier, the only way to establish contact with the customer was to create a new ticket in Freshdesk. This would, in turn, send notifications to the user with the ticket link and it didn't satisfy the tag of pro-active reach out. To facilitate agents to connect with the customer, we had introduced the outbound email functionality that lets the agents to send emails from Freshdesk similar to any mail client. 

This would be logged as a ticket in Freshdesk but the user would receive an email without any references to the ticket in the email body.

Cheers!