Question

How to add/use company fields in analytics

• 1 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I would like to use fields from the Companies in my analytic reports.

e.g. I show how much tickets per company, but also need to show how many tickets per Industry and Account tier.

Also would like to use customer fields from Companies to get better context in the reports.

e.g. a company with a small number of locations submitting x number of tickets, might be telling a different story than a company with a very large number of locations submitting the same amount of tickets.

The tickets are linked to companies, and the companies contain this information, so data technically it should be possible (I expected the fields to be available for e.g. group by)

Can this be achieved somehow within freshdesk analytics?

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am also a bit surprised this isn’t possible, because it really renders the use of analytics useless for us as of now without this feature.

Badge +2

I agree with this, so I have added a new idea to see if this can be added as new functionality on Freshdesk: Analytics - Add the ability of use Company fields in the Analytics module | Refresh Community (freshworks.com)

Hello good morning

We are now with the implementation of the solution, and we have a workaround to solve a similar thing while a solution is developed by Freshworks.

Because Analytics is only working with ticket fields, you could generate an automation that takes a company field to put it in several (or all tickets)  by webhook

This  new field containing the value that you need to the analytics could be hidden to the agents with one of the several apps existing in the market place

Badge +1

Hello good morning

We are now with the implementation of the solution, and we have a workaround to solve a similar thing while a solution is developed by Freshworks.

Because Analytics is only working with ticket fields, you could generate an automation that takes a company field to put it in several (or all tickets)  by webhook

This  new field containing the value that you need to the analytics could be hidden to the agents with one of the several apps existing in the market place

Did you tryout Zendesk? As i know they have AI system to check and control system. And i hope Freshworks launch that system soon and i will leave that zendesk.

I would like to use fields from the Companies in my analytic reports.

e.g. I show how much tickets per company, but also need to show how many tickets per Industry and Account tier.

Also would like to use customer fields from Companies to get better context in the reports.

e.g. a company with a small number of locations submitting x number of tickets, might be telling a different story than a company with a very large number of locations submitting the same amount of tickets.

The tickets are linked to companies, and the companies contain this information, so data technically it should be possible (I expected the fields to be available for e.g. group by)

Can this be achieved somehow within freshdesk analytics here?

If you want to incorporate information from Companies, Industry, and Account Tier fields into your analytic reports, you might need to consider the following:

1. Check Freshdesk Updates:

• Visit the Freshdesk support or documentation page to see if there have been any updates or new features added since my last knowledge update.
  2. Contact Freshdesk Support:

• Reach out to Freshdesk's customer support for the most accurate and up-to-date information on the platform's capabilities. They can guide you on whether the features you're looking for are currently available or if there are plans to include them in future updates.
  3. Explore External Analytics Tools:

• If Freshdesk Analytics doesn't meet your specific requirements, you may consider exporting your data and using an external analytics tool that allows for more customized reporting. Tools like Tableau, Power BI, or Google Data Studio are popular choices for creating comprehensive reports by combining data from multiple sources.
  4. Custom Development:

• Depending on your technical expertise, you might explore the option of custom development. If Freshdesk has APIs that expose the necessary data, you could build a custom solution to fetch and analyze the data the way you need.