Question

How to automatically modify contact when someone transfer a mail to the support

• 14 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello,

I forward my emails from my gmail to Freshdesk and today Freshdesk can detect the previous sender and link it to the correct contact and it’s great.

My issue is that often, the sender is our salesman who forwards a customer email to us. The contact is then the salesman and I have to manually edit it to set the customer as contact.

Is there a way to automatically send the previous sender as contact, maybe by selecting the list of salesmen contact ?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I add that I have another similar need : I receive automatic message from my 3CX when we miss calls, with the phone number in it.

I have to manually change the contact to know who called.

We can’t yet link directly 3CX to Freshdesk as 3CX is currently linked to our custom CRM.

So I would like to do something similar : IF it is an email from my 3CX AND the email starts with a phone number AND the phone number exists in my contact list THEN change the contact to the one with the phone number.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi, For Forwarding mails to be created with original sender as requestor, then you can use Email → Advanced Settings and toggle On the below highlighted option which will find the actual sender of the Email from the Email properties and create requestor of the ticket with that name. Hope this Helps. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

For the 2nd query, it is possible only with custom APP. Trimming Email ID on ticket creation and to update as contact Mobile number cannot be done natively with the automation rule. This is my understanding. May be community admins can bring IN more insight to this query.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Vinothkumar,

I’m sorry, I didn’t see your response earlier to thank you for your help.

I already have this option activated. Does this means that I only have to make sure that the people who transfer e-mails from our customers are agents ? It would mean creating a bunch of new agents (all our salesmen actually) but this is enough, that would be more than acceptable.

I’m going to try it with my current agents to check the limits but I already love this answer. :grinning:

OK, for the 2nd option, I guess it will have to wait for us to be ready to plug 3CX directly to Freshdesk (and we ARE working on custom apps to update our contacts from our main software).

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I can answer this one - for the forwarding to work they would need to be an agent!

If an agent forwards an email it automatically assigns to the original requestor on the email.

Hope that helps :slight_smile: