How to delete 4000 spam tickets?

• 8 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Got 4K spam tickets because captcha was not enabled.

Any idea how to delete them quick? "Select All" function only allows to delete 30 at a time.

7 replies

Badge +2

Can you just empty spam? 

Sorry I was not clear—they are not in the Spam folder. They are spam but the system failed to detect them as spam, they are in the input queue mixed with normal tickets.

I have already "solved" the problem with a simple Selenium automation script doing the clicking while I am drinking tea. But it would be nice to be able to delete all tickets that contain a certain keyword in a single UI operation.

Can you provide more information about how to get Selenium to work? This freshdesk 30 tickets per page is a nonsensical limitation...

Badge +7

@Eugene and @ClintonUnfortunately, we don't have an option to perform a bulk update for more than 30 tickets at a time. I will pass on your feedback to the team working on the ticket list page. What would an ideal number of tickets per page for you?

However, we can try a workaround for deleting similar tickets altogether. If there is any pattern (sender email, domain, which email is hit, etc.) in the spam tickets, we can set up an automation rule to delete or mark them as spam.

For future tickets coming via email, we can enable a Proactive Spam Filter from the backend. Please let us know if you're interested and we'll reach out to you about the details since the filter might impact your workflow.

The quickest method I've found so far is to use the keyboard shortcuts from the ticket list view:

SHIFT + X

#

[Enter]

I just had to delete 15 000 tickets using this method..

The issue is that we cannot bulk select options via the search function results.  If we could bulk select from the search results, this would solve a lot of issues, especially with the russian spam.  We have 1 keyword that appears in all the accounts: пополнен

From this 1 term alone, there's over 6000 tickets.  If we were able to bulk edit using this keyword and the process as spam, that would help A TON.  

Seems to me like a simple feature, since the BULK EDIT option is already available in the ticket view.  

Unfortunately, for this very simple option, we did not upgrade to a paid option, in fact, we have since abandoned Freshdesk for another omnichannel support system, and are currently paying $59/mo and have had no spam issues.  Too bad, because I really enjoyed using Freshdesk.  Good luck!

@Justin

We understand that these Russian spam emails are not expected and should indeed be stopped and cleared in bulk too.

To cease the creation of further new spam tickets, please write to us at support@freshdesk.com. Our support team will help you with a quick hack to stop them.

To clear the existing ones, As they have been created recently ( I assume they are updated in the last 30 days), you could set up a time trigger rule to spam them automatically as the rule executes on all matching tickets once in every one hour.

Here is how the conditions on the time trigger rule could be -

Please find a few of these Russian letters here - в, г, д, ж, з, к, л, м, н, п, т, ф, х, ц, ч, ш, щ я, ю, и, Б, Г, Д, Ж, П, Ф, И that should help you in setting up multiple conditions. Feel free to reach out to our support stars for further assistance on this.

Thanks!