Question

How to Disable Page Load Waiting Messages in Freshdesk?

• 21 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Is there any way to disable or change the messages that appear when you are waiting for a page to load in Freshdesk? You can see an example below. I discussed this with my teammates and we all agree that these message are annoying and sometimes even patronizing

Standard and widely accepted UI design would suggest that the message should tell the user what’s happening in the system. In this case, there is a delay while loading a page. Therefore a message like “Please wait...page loading” would be much more appropriate.

Many of us Support Analysts have very stressful jobs and we have to work fast. Seeing messages like  the following just further add to our stress because they are so annoying and patronizing. We just want the page to load as fast as possible when we are in a hurry. Messages that are seemingly funny to the Freshdesk Team are just making the users more aggravated while they wait for the page to load.

• “It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Supportman!” - As a woman, I find this one particularly offensive. Women do support jobs too, not just men! This is blatant sexism.
  • “The Oscar for the best agent in a supporting role goes to...you”
  • “You and I have memories”
  • “I resolve therefore I am”

2 replies

Badge

I totally agree with FDGuy. This message is not informative and annoying. You should change to something more meaningful!

In Freshdesk, the appearance of loading messages and animations is typically controlled by the application's design and settings. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Freshdesk provides a user-friendly interface, but it might not offer granular customization options for changing or disabling specific loading messages directly within the application.

However, since software platforms often update and evolve, and user feedback is crucial for improvements, there might have been changes or new features introduced since then. Here are some steps you can consider:

1. Check Freshdesk Settings: Look through the settings and configuration options within your Freshdesk account. There may be a way to adjust loading messages, animations, or UI behavior.

2. Contact Freshdesk Support: Reach out to Freshdesk's support team to inquire about any customization options for loading messages. They might be able to provide guidance or consider your feedback for future updates.

3. User Feedback: If you and your team find these loading messages disruptive or patronizing, providing this feedback directly to Freshdesk can help them understand the impact on users' experiences. They may consider making adjustments based on user input.

4. Custom CSS (If Available): Some software platforms allow users to add custom CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to modify the appearance of the UI. If Freshdesk provides this option, you might be able to use custom CSS to alter loading messages. Move In or Out Cleaning

5. Browser Extensions: While not a direct solution within Freshdesk, browser extensions or add-ons can sometimes be used to modify the appearance of web pages, including loading messages. However, this approach might require technical expertise.

Remember that any changes you make might affect the overall user experience, so it's important to consider the potential impact on yourself and other users.

If none of these options provide a satisfactory solution, it's important to keep in mind that software platforms continue to evolve, and your feedback can contribute to positive changes in the future.