Solved

How to forward a ticket to an external mail with scenarios

• 17 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

This is what I am trying to do. Sometimes, some tickets we receive are for another service who doesn’t need to use Freshdesk. I would like to be able to :

• close the tickets (actually, use a « forwarded » status I created)
  • change the group (so that the other service can have a notification in their Slack canal)
  • forward the ticket to their generic mail address

With the scenario feature, I was able to change the status and the group but I don’t find how I can transfer the email automatically. Is this possible ? Should I use another functionnality ?

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 17 June 2021, 14:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @JulianeB,

For your requirements, you can make use of Automation, Ticket creation or Ticket update rule (Admin > Automation). For example: Let’s say based on the subject/description of the ticket, you identify it should be handled by another service. In this case, you can set up the ticket creation automation rule as in the screenshot below. You can also tweak the rule conditions based on your requirements.

Sample Automation 

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Great ! This is exactly what I needed !

Thank you !

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Anytime, Juliane! :)

Will it also send attachment?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @abelanger,

I am afraid you cannot include attachments, but you can include the attachments encapsulated on links and as an inline image, from the Description, while creating the automation, please find attached -

Please let me know, if you have any further concerns and I will be happy to help.

Cheers!