How to get rid of Freshdesk from my gmail account?

• 10 April 2013
  • 2 replies

• Apprentice
  • 0 replies

Hi all,

suddenly on my gmail account big widgets start to show, occupying so much screen space that threads are no longer readable. After googling for a while I found this site. It looks like big, green button with "Connect your Freshdesk" coming from there. Am I right? How to nicely say "thank you" and get my screen space back? They force me to sign in in order to be able to write here and don't want to give me any option beside "connect to my Freshdesk" which I doesn't have . Am I forced to live with all these big, green buttons?

I am sorry for moaning 🙂 Generally I am a nice guy, but I want my screen back! I need it!

Any advice?

Thanks in advance :)

Les

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Any luck on removing this? All my users are seeing it and I can't seem to find the place to turn it off without disconnecting the  service completely

Hi,

Apologies for the trouble caused here.

The widget you guys are referring to is the Freshdesk's Gmail Gadget which allows users to easily create tickets on Freshdesk from their mailbox.

However we have revoked this feature in the new Google Apps Market Place Integration. So please do try removing the old Freshdesk Marketplace App and installing the new one.

FYI our team also has plans to bring the Gmail Gadget as a Standalone app in the future updates.