Solved

How to give Freshdesk Agent and Field Service Tech rights to the same person ?

• 14 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I have 3 people in my group.
We deal with technical issues over the phone, email and provide on site support as well.

I want to authorize all of them to see all the incoming tickets.Therefore I created their account as Agent.  

At the same time they are field service technicians. I enabled the Field Service Tech module in Freshdesk. I want to assign Field Service Tasks to these guys and use the Scheduling Dashboard view. Here we can see a calendar view and easily dispatch and visualize field service tech tasks.

However only those people show up in this view whose account was created as Field Technician or Customer Service Manager. I experimented with adding multiple roles to the same person, in order to access the tickets and get the rights as field service tech, but it was not successful.

Please let me know if there is a way to give parallel rights to the same person - agent and field service tech.

BTW I browsed the community and read all the related articles for the solution, with no result so far.

Thank you.

Gabor

icon

Best answer by Gabor 15 November 2022, 15:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @Gabor, lets get this thread routed to the correct location so that those Freshdesk Superstars can help you out.

@rashmi.nag Would you mind moving this under the Freshdesk threads please and thank you?! :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello @Gabor, lets get this thread routed to the correct location so that those Freshdesk Superstars can help you out.

@rashmi.nag Would you mind moving this under the Freshdesk threads please and thank you?! :)

Hello Zach, I am ok with your suggestion.
In the meanwhile I received a working solution for my question from Gajalakshmi Vaasan. I copy it to here.

To answer your question, you need to set up a support agent with scope as global access to be able to access all the tickets in the system and he could also be a field service technician to whom the field service jobs can be dispatched.

Admin -> Team -> Agents -> Scope : Global (can view tickets all across the helpdesk).

You can create a service group, include the support agents as members of the group and assign them service tasks.

If a person's role is an agent when created in the system, then he will not be a member of the service tech list, even if a Customer Service Manager of Field Tech role was assigned to him on top of the agent role. For the agents to have the normal rights as the field technicians and vice versa:

- In that case, they have to add them as Support Agents and then include them in a Service Group so that they can be assigned Service Tasks as well as have the same access as Field Agents. But there is one downside to this as far as I know, that is in the scheduling dashboard, they won't see the agents under All filter, they have to select the particular group they are a part of to view the agents and assign tasks to them.