Question

How to manage agent access by product instead of group?

• 1 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We have multiple products, all backed by a shared platform. Each product has their own managers, relationships, and support teams. Thus, each product has their own associated group for their team.  The shared platform has its own support and ops team as a separate group. While the teams are distinct, the product teams all work closely with the platform team to ensure a robust experience.

I would very much like for our product teams — especially the product managers — to be able to see all tickets for their product, even if they get triaged to the platform group. I don’t want the product managers to see the other tickets for the other products in the platform group, however.

This doesn’t seem like a particularly strange setup; do others experience this? How do you work with multiple products across multiple teams?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @mbauman,

Freshdesk Support Desk offers various levels of access an agent has with respect to tickets in your helpdesk. By default, you can choose between three levels of Scope: (a) Global: can view all tickets across your helpdesk, (b) Group-Level: can view tickets assigned to agent or their groups, and (c) Restricted: can only view tickets assigned to agent. Apart from this, the Advanced ticket scope feature also allows you to choose groups where an agent can edit/view tickets.

Though the Ticket scope functionality does not include product specific ticket access, you can always route tickets associated with products to certain groups and in turn, provide the product team ticket access for such groups. This should definitely help get the right ticket access. 

Feel free to drop a note here for any further questions and we would be happy to assist!

Cheers,

Freshworks Community Team

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Though the Ticket scope functionality does not include product specific ticket access

Yes, that limitation is precisely why I’m asking here. Advanced Ticket Scope is only available for top-tier plans, so that’s not an option for us… but it also doesn’t really solve the request, either.

One option that I’ve discovered that gets me a little closer is Advanced Ticketing’s Shared Ownership.  That allows me to retain the original group but use an internal delegation to temporarily assign back to the core dev team.

Still seems strange to have a fourth scope level for product (irrespective of assigned group).  That’d be a great feature addition that we’d immediately use.

Thankyou for sharing this amazin guide.

Though the Ticket scope functionality does not include product specific ticket access

Yes, that limitation is precisely why I’m asking here. Advanced Ticket Scope is only available for top-tier plans, so that’s not an option for us… but it also doesn’t really solve the request, either.

One option that I’ve discovered that gets me a little closer is Advanced Ticketing’s Shared Ownership.  That allows me to retain the original group but use an internal delegation to temporarily assign back to the core dev team.

Still seems strange to have a fourth scope level for product (irrespective of assigned group).  That’d be a great feature addition that we’d immediately use.

Thankyou for sharing this kind informatoin and guide. i got  my solution.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing your insights, @mbauman.

This surely is an interesting ask, we are happy to explore the possibilities of this feature and in case of any enhancements, we will keep you posted in our community.

Cheers,

Freshworks Community Team