Question

How to Sort and Filter Tickets By Summary

• 14 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

How do I sort and filter tickets by Subject in Freshdesk? There doesn’t seem to be an option for either in the user interface.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Sorry, I gave the wrong title for this thread. It should be “How to Sort and Filter Tickets By Subject. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Below are screenshots showing that the Subject option is missing from sorting and filtering.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @FDGuy,

Sorting and filtering Tickets based on Subject is not available at the moment, unfortunately. You’d be able to filter the tickets based on any dropdown value that you have created in your account(It includes even custom fields). However, filtering tickets based on Single Line or Multi Line Text fields are not an option as of now.

You can have a look at our Ideas page, and post your ask here. We will look into this and take this up from our end. But kindly help us with your use case of using Subject as a sort-by mechanism so that our team can get a better understanding of your requirement.

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

But kindly help us with your use case of using Subject as a sort-by mechanism so that our team can get a better understanding of your requirement.

@Sudharshan - The use case is obvious and self-evident. The Subject of a ticket is similar to the Subject of an email. Almost everyone on the planet has sorted a list of emails by Subject. The same ability should apply to tickets. This isn’t Rocket Science. I don’t mean to offend.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @FDGuy ,

I hope you’re doing well!

I understand your use case. There is a workaround for this situation.

You can set up an Automation to add a “Tag” whenever a ticket has this particular Subject and you can create a view based on the Tag.

I hope this works.

Please do let us know!

Regards,
Jebas D.