Question

HTML table's CSS is being removed

• 6 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, I am creating an automation wherein I send test emails (using power automate) to our helpdesk email with an HTML table within its body.

HTML table is working fine when viewed through browser or if it’s sent to a non-helpdesk email, unfortunately when it is being sent to our helpdesk email it is being formatted with no CSS.

How the email body when it is sent to a non-helpdesk email (my personal email):

How the email body received by our helpdesk email:

I’m kind of stuck if the issue is with my email body or is this being limited by the platform. 

1 reply

The formatting issue you're encountering with the HTML table in your test emails could be due to limitations in the helpdesk email client's rendering of HTML and CSS. To troubleshoot, simplify your CSS, use inline styles, and ensure that all styling is included directly within the HTML. Additionally, consider reaching out to your helpdesk's support team to inquire about any specific requirements or limitations regarding HTML formatting in emails sent to the helpdesk email address. Testing the email in different email clients and providing a plain text alternative might also help ensure consistent rendering across various platforms.