icon to turn public notes private doesn't work

• 15 March 2022
  • 1 reply

The little icon next to a note that used to allow an agent to change a note from public to private and vice versa no longer works.  

If someone replies to the support ticket who was not originally sent or copied from freshdesk, then their reply is entered as a PULIC note that customers can see!  There is no way to change this note to private according to FD support.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello @meredith,

Welcome to Freshworks Community:) I hope you are doing well.

Regarding your concern, I understand that you are having issues when trying to change the type of the note on the Ticket Details Page.

Could you please help me with a few relevant sample Ticket screenshots where this issue is happening? Also, is this happening for all the tickets, or only do you find any pattern? If yes, it would be helpful if you could share a few examples to have this further checked.

Secondly, you have mentioned that when an external agent who is looped on the email replies to the ticket, the email response gets added as a public note. I want to let you know that if the agent responds to the ticket from their mailbox, the answer will be added as a Public note. This is the expected behavior of the product.

If that's not the case, please elaborate more on this with relevant samples so that I can have this checked accordingly.

We are looking forward to hearing from you:)