Question

Inability to edit TO field after clicking REPLY

• 4 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We noticed we are unable to edit the TO field to add email addresses after clicking REPLY as needed when on emails. Leaving us with the only option of adding people on CC is not good enough for us.

Using the FORWARD option requires one to start adding all email addresses on the trail manually which takes sometime to do in the case of when we have more than 10 people in copy and this might even lead to misspelling of email addresses.

Efficiency will be improved if TO field is editable once we click on REPLY.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

This would be so useful if we could add to or edit the “to” field!

100% agree!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Emmanuel A. 

Welcome to the freshworks community :)

I understand you are looking for a way to change your "To" address in the ticket. Have you tried to edit the To address using the following icon near your ticket's contact details, in the following manner-

Step 1 : Click on Edit near the contact's name in the ticket

nA3fsWyTdcLIKVC_jLN4TRfjaydQ8YRq5o6UXS309DvXwfGF10hNL_UDMBP5arOvfw6CQjqc9S6GPG5qZ0uYNm78KkXOH4mLMn1m2j7f97GGb2p49wYUL_KPVPFrPVPAe8B5MOZ2

SM2340T-Ot7P6yVDIQ2hTrhEwo-I0qErUDy1-mfHlcjBaVQCQ5BQEdI0_HP2xUa84WGLsNU2eFTF_1xrDzEtLnAa8K7fZ7mhVSoow58ohPlwGYnxjJGQa29QTQkm_eyPsXvNhEXW

Step 2 : Update the Contact name and Click on Save

8Jd89tMgwkfQKFMIkAYWRGRCMX1XUSoQWhfSRxlFlr83mN2sPkGL_A1l7g1tnRlw7h7Fb8JqT9ZrIuMimiCc8Cjvog2e5rcl-qujcIoTbwUfseRy2Suz2Ykzmi1f49dAXHS-511D

cn2vsuxHtMUJWo9_dET59tvzRRUQIN2neWdnElqaVlVW5WoSVa-tkQCupgFi2xeXinQZ6teVp1PXH7EJQoEaF24btowSyzm1NTe05VY_3Lkft5kUbZyWWqB1BZyHjpESHQAsoAsg

Step 3 : The contact details are updated

Rhd8_dwjInyObvt3y6pKeElFZJEtZJzSefh_mza_FUIMtQ6byCCRiR84Hxr0YvTV7O0t2Uc8J6viraT1jGd9BsEXhSG5x1d1dBY99rqdW5csHePLmGzTnBtUzDPFl_SE2th_bNIZ

7Kxo9nFBTCx0XPj88uLpWXGAzviLxE1SQiFiJo_frB73lDtu9A3UA8LtmLP5E6BBI40Z4QFgwiAXqwpDWayfhlO2oBWogHcugo50UBavouvq-DuGq0E5PKAaXYFu0m3mzlrkyyKe

You can change your "To" address in the stated way.

But this will be updated for all the replies you send out after you hit the reply button, we do not have the option to revert the “To” address after an email has been sent out from FD, we do have the undo send option that avoids replied being sent within the time frame of 10 seconds, more about the feature is given here-

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000001421-is-there-an-option-to-undo-a-sent-reply-

Please get back to us in case you have any queries or concerns with regards to the same, and we will be happy to help.

Cheers!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Pooja Bernice 

Thank you for your response.

i am not trying to change the existing contact on TO.

I want to be able to add more recipients to the TO field whenever i want to respond to mails.

It should be as simple as clicking REPLY and the TO field editable, to add more recipients, not going through long process.

Freshdesk is too big to be hindered by issue as small as this.

Thanks again @Pooja Bernice. I appreciate your contribution.