Instagram direct

• 13 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Team:
I recently configured the trail account “Instagram Direct” into fresh-desk, but I will be grateful if anyone can share his/her experience for the same. 

Thank you 

2 replies

@Khadija Ali Hope you are using this - https://www.freshworks.com/apps/freshdesk/instagramer_direct app for it. 

1. It creates a ticket whenever a new thread is initiated on Instagram DM
  1. Source will be Instagram and every Dm will be added as Public note
  2. Agent can use conversation reply that can be directly sent as a DM 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more insights

• Third-Party Apps:
    • Consider apps like DelightChat, Zendesk Suite, or LiveChat, which provide native Instagram DM integration within their Freshdesk plans.
    • Evaluate their features, pricing, and compatibility with your specific needs.
  • Zapier Automation:
    • If you don't mind more technical setup, use Zapier's Instagram and Freshdesk connectors to create custom workflows.
    • Trigger actions in Freshdesk (e.g., create tickets) based on Instagram Direct events.
  • Manual Workflows:
    • As a temporary solution, consider manually monitoring Instagram Direct and creating Freshdesk tickets as needed.
    • Though less efficient, it can function if your DM volume is manageable.

Steps for Manually Creating Freshdesk Tickets:

1. Monitor Instagram Direct Messages: Track your inbox and identify messages requiring support attention.
  2. Gather Customer Information: Collect relevant details from the message (name, email, issue description).
  3. Create a Freshdesk Ticket: Log in to Freshdesk and add a new ticket.
  4. Fill in Ticket Details: Enter the customer information, choose the appropriate category/priority, and provide a clear summary of the issue.
  5. Attach Message Screenshots (Optional): If capturing message content is helpful, add screenshots as attachments.
  6. Assign and Respond: Assign the ticket to the relevant agent for resolution and start addressing the customer's concern.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Khadija Ali Hope you are using this - https://www.freshworks.com/apps/freshdesk/instagramer_direct app for it. 

1. It creates a ticket whenever a new thread is initiated on Instagram DM
  1. Source will be Instagram and every Dm will be added as Public note
  2. Agent can use conversation reply that can be directly sent as a DM 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more insights