Integrating Service Now and FreshDesk

• 3 January 2019
  • 3 replies

We have a number of customers that have asked if we could support the creation of tickets, driven from a Service Now environment.  What they are hoping to do is create a Service Now ticket on their side and let that create a corresponding ticket on our side.

I have looked at Flow, IFTTT, Zapier and only Flow had some level of support for Service Now, but no triggers.  Workato reports that they can integrate, but it appears to be only FreshDesk to ServiceNow.

I'd be interested in any experiences the Community has had in this space.  Thanks in advance.

Len

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Len,

The easiest solution I can think of is to create a trigger in SNOW to send the ticket related information as an email to your Freshdesk support email address. This way, you can continue working on the ticket just like any other ticket and the response will flow back into the customer's SNOW account.

Do you think this approach will work or am I missing something here?

Cheers!

This is perfect.  Would we leverage the "Email Commands" feature help with this (e.g., let the SNOW customer know how to format the email)?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Len,

I'm afraid the customer in SNOW wouldn't be able to use the email commands as it's restricted to just the agents in your helpdesk. If you're looking to set the field values, I'd suggest you try the Dispatch rule to act on these tickets. 

Cheers!