Solved

Is it possible to configure SLA with custom company fields ?

• 26 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey,

I do not see any option to use something like a company account tier (which is a built in field) to filter the tickets on which the SLA will apply on.

Is that not possible ?

icon

Best answer by Keer 26 May 2021, 16:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @Khiman

I hope you are doing well today. With respect to your query, as of now, we’d not be able to filter tickets based on the account tier of the company in the list view. However, a workaround here would be to create an automation rule by navigating to Admin → Automations → Tickets → Rules that run on ticket creation → New rule, to add a tag based on the account tier in all the incoming tickets . 

Automation rule to add tags based on account tiers

So that, going forward, you’d be able to filter tickets based on these tags added. You can find more details on how you can set-up automation rules for similar usecases here

I hope this helps. If you have any further queries, feel free to post them here. Have a good day!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey @Keer , amazing workaround :)

We’ll do that for the time being ;)

Would you mind adding this as a feature request/idea ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Keer 

It seems I reacted too fast, in fact this does not work at all for me.

I need to apply SLA based on the company account tier, so this workaround sadly serves no purpose in my case.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Khiman, thanks for clarification. The automation rule shared in the initial reply would be helpful to filter the tickets that’s already been created using the account tier value of companies.

I see you are trying to set up SLA policies based on account tier of the companies. To do so, you can create a company segement for different account tiers and create different SLA policies for each segment as below: 

SLA policies based on company segments

Currently, you’d be able to filter companies based on the created date and other custom fields (dropdown, number and check boxes). So, you’d have to add a cutom company drop-down to hold the same value of account tiers so that you can use them in the filters and save it as a segment. Please find the steps below: 

1. Creating a custom company dropdown 

Go to Admin → Customer fields → Click on company tab → Drag and drop a drop down field. 

Adding a custom company dropdown field

Add the choices and click on ‘Done’ after giving it a name. Following that, click on Save. 

1. You can export the companies and import them again with updated values in the custom field created.
  2. Creating a company segment based on the custom drop down field value (created in step 2)

Go to the companies tab, click on ‘Add filters’  on the right and choose the field here 

Adding more filters based on the custom dropdown field ​​​​​

Click on ‘Apply’ and save the results as a company segment by clicking on the tick mark as highlighted in the image below: 

Once you’ve saved the company segment, you’d be able to use this in the new SLA policy. 

We understand that it would be more efficient if we could filter using the default fields instead of having two different fields with same values. This has already been raised as a feature request to our product team and we’ll be sure to update once its live. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further queries on the same. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Oh I understand now. Sorry for all the fuss. I tried this initially but it seems as long as there isn’t at least one company that has a set value for this custom segment (I left themn blank), the “Add filters” button will not show up.

Thanks for the clarification !

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

No issues, @Khiman :) Yes, you are right. There should be values present for the filter to work. I am glad we could help. 

Have a good day!