Question

Is it possible to get {{ticket.public_url}} in webhooks ?

Badge

Hello,

I use an automation script in freshdesk to publish some tickets info to a web service.

Everything works fine {{ticket.id}}, {{ticket.subject}}… are transfered via JSON webhook like this :

But, now, I try to transfert {{ticket.public_url}} variable to this webhook but this info is not in the choice list.

Maybe I can use “advanced” JSON but I don’t know how is the synthax to put these variables into “even/freshdesk_webhook” part of the JSON structure…

I think the best way is that Freshdesk development team adds this item in the choice list :

Could you please help me ?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey,

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

We understand that you would like to add simple JSON for the public ticket URL under automation. I'm afraid this is not possible in Freshdesk as of now. Apologies for not being of much help here.

That said, we shall move this topic to the ideas section so that our product team has direct visibility. We'll definitely make some noise when this is implemented.

Cheers,

Aishvarya.

Badge

I'm happy to know that this idea will be added to the Request For Enhance.

That said, is it possible to use {{ticket.public_url}} in an advanced rule to include it into body section of the JSON request ? If so, could you please post an example?

Badge

I agree, there are a number of fields missing in the Webhook field options, such as:

Freshcaller ID

Recording URL

Recording ID

How do these get added to the webhook fields?