Solved

Issues with How the merge ticket process works and what Client vs Agent can see

• 18 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

HI

having issues with merging and what client can see verse internal agents can see on the ticket.

Sometimes we get a response to an existing ticket but freshdesk creates a new ticket. I thought merging would be an easy way to fix that - but seems I am wrong.

It seems the ticket that was merged is no longer visible to the customer (its only marked as closed as far as customer can see in their portal – not even that it was merged)

But further the customer loses any visibility on that response that was in the ticket I merged into (as they can not see the merged ticket data it in the destination ticket as the system added it as a private note). Of course the agent can see it but its totally missing from the client view.

I spoke to support and their feedback was 

However, the order of conversations is added in a chronological order and would appear the same way for the customer.

My issue is it doesn’t, as that merged information is unavailable for the customer to see (in the destination ticket),

Does everyone else see the same issue? 

My only work around is to manually copy the data from the source to destination ticket and not use the merge functionality at all when there is additional information in the ticket, which seems a bit crazy.

Any ideas or does this just need some rework by the development team?

icon

Best answer by BrynCYDEF 7 March 2022, 18:11

View original

3 replies

Badge

Have you had any luck sorting this out yet ? 

I also continue to be confused by the entire merging experience… :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @TGabs - there is a feature in FS (so possibly in FD as well?) where you can manually set the notes in the merged tickets (both or either) as Public (from its default as Private). 

This will allow the Requester to see their original ticket info and it will also be visible in the destination ticket which means it can be seen in the Replies/Forwards and it will trigger the canned auto to notify the assigned agent that the note got added.  It does also add a public note that there was a ticket merged into existing ticket.  

Again, YMMV in FD.  HTH.

Userlevel 1
Badge

HI @BrynCYDEF  Yes this does work (manually changing it), but you are correct it will also notify the customer of the merge done. You need to choose both tickets as well to do this on. Bit painful but workable (for the number of merge tickets we do).

I also asked the Freshdesk development team to consider allowing us to have a global setting where we could set the default to be visible for the customer when merging, rather than the current setting of making it private. I believe its on the list (but not high priority).

thanks for the followup