Solved

KB Article Expiration Date?

• 26 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi, first time here asking :)

Is it possible to set an expiration date for knowledge base articles?

I want to make sure that articles are kept up to date, and some articles must be updated more often than others. Preferably, I’d get an email notification about upcoming expiring articles, so that I don’t have to actively look for them in my list.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 26 August 2021, 14:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Carl,

Welcome to Freshworks Community! :)

At the moment, Freshdesk does not support expiry on solution articles. However, this surely is an interesting ask, we are happy to explore the possibilities of this feature being picked up and will keep you posted herewith any progress on the same.

Cheers,

Freshworks Community Team

Hello Hemanth,

Such as feature would be very welcoming indeed :)

Thanks for the feedback, and I wish you a great weekend!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Definitely, Carl. You too! :)

Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

As an impartial commenter on this, I would say that an expiry date on knowledge articles should be a must-have for effective knowledge management. It’s the easiest way to ensure that shared knowledge is still relevant, and not inaccurate, as part of the curation needed to make IT staff best informed and to get people (end users) proactively self-helping. In my experience, a “bad” knowledge article is a self-help killer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing your insights, @manns. Much appreciated! :)

Cheers,

Hi team,

Do we have an update on this? This is an extremely important feature for our company to ensure accuracy which we pride ourselves on.

Thanks.

H