Keeping track of the webpage url from which the user submits ticket through feedback widget

Hello Brains of Freshdesk,

Is there a way for the feedback widget know the webpage the user is submitting the ticket from? I have implemented the widget on my website, but it seems like there's no way to know from which of my website pages the user has submitted the ticket.

Ideally, I would like the webpage url to be one of the  "pre-populated" ticket fields. Is this possible? If not, can you provide any other suggestions? 

Thank you in advance!

Daniel

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

I think this would be a good feature to have.

Hi Guys

Yes, I've already raised this with the Dev Team and they've agreed to bring a REFERRER option in the Meta data, so URL can be fetched in that, once the Ticket is submitted from Widget

regards
Vijay

Thanks guys~ Do you know the status of the feature? When do will Freshdesk be rolling this out?

I've spoken to the Devs just this week, so maybe 3-4 weeks, not sure but along with some more features.

Cheers

Vijay

Hey Vijay,

This feature could be of great help for us too, any news on the progress?

Thanks,

Marius

+1

I have similar question: Is it possible to provide default values for e.g. the subject, body, labels/tags/keywaids or even the custom fields?

Same for the URL the user is on. Can this be passed-on?

Plan is to have the widget on several different websites, and I'd like to immediately get the tickets filtered to the correct helpdesk staff...

Agreed, that we would like to be able to pre-populate (possibly a hidden input that the submitter never sees) with information from the current site.  Things like the current URL, data from the DOM.  All things that would easily be acquirable using JavaScript  

+1

3-4 weeks huh?

+1

For our needs even a simple GET where we could pre-populate ticket fields from other forms would be very helpful.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello guys, 

Really sorry for not getting back to you much earlier on this thread. 

Prepopulating the fields on the widget and grabbing the page info was pushed live a few weeks back. Please go through the solution article below that should give you a fair idea on how to get this done. 

https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/154064-pre-populating-feedback-widget-form

Also, the URL from which the user raises the support ticket will be captured and displayed on the "meta" that is seen right beneath the subject. Please refer the screenshot attached for understanding this better. 

Do let us know in case you face any trouble here and we will be more than glad to help out!

Have a great day!

Cheers,

Anna