Leaving Freshdesk. Advice on the best way to notify our customers/users and direct them to our new system?

• 16 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Leaving Freshdesk. Advice on the best way to notify our customers/users and direct them to our new system?

We want to be able to freeze our Freshdesk tickets so users don't modify them once the new system goes live.

We want to be able to provide our Freshdesk users with a link to the new system.

We want to ensure that e-mails which go back to Freshdesk return to the users with a notice that we're moving (and with a link to the new service).

Has anybody been through this before? Can you please offer some advice?

Thanks a lot!

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

When we've left other systems in the past, we cleaned out as many tickets on the old system as reasonably posslble, created "like" tickets for those that remained over in the new system and updated each of those with a notification that we were using a new system so that the end-users would only update the ticket via this newest link, changed over the email address to go to the new system, and watched the old system for a while (a few weeks) to be sure nothing was slipping through.

The other challenge is getting all of the tickets (closed) to some usable archive that is outside of the old ticketing system.  In the past, we used Firefox's DownThemAll with a few Excel algorithms to get all the old tickets out to PDF.  We are looking to do the same on the way out of FD as well, since their export of all tickets goes as a rather-unusable XML file.  Will probably have to create some kind of PowerShell script to do this.

It's a total pain.  But we are about to go through the same process, as there are things in Freshdesk that are costing us money/losing us money and we can't seem to get resolution on them and simply can't wait any longer for the development team to address our concerns - primarily time tracking.

Thank you very much, @Slavelle. The system we are moving to does a good
job of importing our Freshdesk tickets, which is nice. Not that big a
deal to me to keep the old tickets around (migrated to the new system), but it's a definite plus that we can.

Our
focus is on an excellent experience for people visiting their tickets
in the old system and interacting with the old system (Freshdesk) via e-mail replies as well. There doesn't seem to be any reasonable way to
"freeze" the old tickets, nor to notify users of the change via the web and via e-mail replies.

Maybe we can at least prevent the creation of new tickets in the old system (Freshdesk). Does anybody know of a way to do that?

And
then we could write one public note to every open ticket in Freshdesk
telling them not to use Freshdesk and pointing them to our new system
via a URL.

Badge +2

You could simply remove your entire ticket list from your html and put a text there that you are going to move.

To be sure, make a backup of the code so that you will never lose it.

Badge +2

You can also post a bulk response to all tickets (look at the screenshots)

Select all tickets

Click on bulk update

Here you can add a reply

Note that you can filter on all unresolved tickets

@Wimter Harmsel, what do you mean by this:

> You could simply remove your entire ticket list from your html and put a text there that you are going to move.

> To be sure, make a backup of the code so that you will never lose it.

Badge +2

You can adjust your code at: Admin -> portals -> customize portal -> layout & pages -> portal pages 

If you remove the code from tickets, they cannot create a new one (via the website). You can also place a new code here with the message that you are moving.

Example:

<h1> NOTE WE ARE MOVING TO A NEW <a href="https://www.newwebsite.com">WEBSITE</a></h1>

If I make a big change in my code I always make a backup so that I never have to do much again if I lose something

Badge +2

You can adjust your code at: Admin -> portals -> customize portal -> layout & pages -> portal pages

If you remove the code from tickets, they cannot create a new one (via the website). You can also place a new code here with the message that you are moving.

Example:

<h1> NOTE WE ARE MOVING TO A NEW <a href="https://www.newwebsite.com">WEBSITE</a></h1>

If I make a big change in my code I always make a backup so that I never have to do much again if I lose something