Question

Link to a specific note or reply in a Ticket (e.g: permalink)

• 12 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,
I often need to refer a collegue to a specific note or reply in a ticket that has many notes and reply.

In similar situations in other platforms, I can often find a permalink of sort, i.e: the url of a specific comment or piece of conversation. This URL is usually accessible by right-clicking on the timestamp of the comment.

Is there anything similar in Frehdesk?
If not? Do you plan to introduce it?

It’s not very efficient having to say to a team-member, for example, “please check my 5th note in this ticket”, or “the second to last response from the customer” etc...

3 replies

Badge +2

Definitely nice to have! I found a way which unfortunately seems to work sometimes.

1. Right click on the note and click on “Inspect”
  2. Scroll a bit up and you will find the note number

3. You can add this to the URL after the ticket number with “?note=[NOTE_ID]”
    For example: 
    https://support.[portal].nl/a/tickets/123456?note=15290035408

Only issue; sometimes it get's me to the right note, sometimes it get's me to the wrong one.

Could you please make the part with time of the ticket clickable with link to it? It would help to share the links to specific note/answer a lot. On screenshot below I would like to click on the time information and get link to the ticker note. For example https://company.freshdesk.com/a/tickets/123?note=102213459302

It is common practice on other websites and it is a fast way how to share the link to specific answer in external systems. I believe it makes a life easier to many people. Now if I want to do it I have to inspect HTML and copy the note number from there and paste the part ?note=… to the URL in the browser which annoying as hell.

Hi,

Would love to see this implemented, it can get frustrating having always to refer and explain to a team member on specific notes and replies in the long run.

Has anything changed since the initial post, or is it planned to be introduced?