Solved

Mail externally from time triggered automator

• 26 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello,

A Customer of us has a Time Triggered Automator set up so that the assigned agent gets an email after X hours assigned.

But, now is the question, can we also mail someone that is externally?

I couldn't find any workable option, but maybe someone knows a good app or workaround for this?

Kind Regards,

Chris.

icon

Best answer by Aishvarya 28 October 2022, 08:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Chris S. 

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

We understand that you want to send emails to external users through time trigger automation. Unfortunately, we do not support forward action in time triggers. However, using time trigger, you can add a tag to the automation rule, and using the ticket update rule, we can forward emails to external users. Sample rule screenshot:

Time trigger:

Qx8ckgqrhHf2gxPd1e6LiCXml7UTvEtc801570NLH-5RuG4PFLp85cFTzGQNp5baJzLC0c_j7VS8QRIKwLxxVWLeKO_0zBG1o0VMTtsLC2kIgbgB0Fk4EVOsyrN-oVokJ77rDTHT2qYKSWze_q3DqNx87WhZ9-Nnf0rNu50K3r3vVNn91VayQEdK3w

Ticket update:

7GMtnEUg6c34m1oHpLGlV8VBmU_4tLA9ztxJ7Ev_p4RRQZBoIJP26Nzz7GLywYhAAebd8HUjIOkBlpxOsSFGC039gNP52mhgwMN7u9TaA64y2Qrut3Z43W5kMKGEK2F8fUoWt9eZrYdyfQ9CtzVLZPymYtMf4niZRYAeZiDsPkdoZibqAhv_-xBcLg

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further queries.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Aishvarya ,

Thank you for the tip, but the automator does not got triggered,

And I think that's because the first action is not done by an agent, but by the system.

But, when I click on system it says it should depend on a action, and there are only 2 actions; and they are not the 2 i need….

Any more ideas?

Gr.

Chris