MINT UI font

• 11 September 2018
  • 21 replies

Does anyone else have issues with the font on the ticket view of the MINT UI?

We find the subject line particularly bad, it looks ok when Bold but the standard font looks very thin and if you stared at it too long you would pass out.

We have also found that the Grouping of Groups and Agents equals not being able to see either properly as they get truncated. Just make the field responsive to the screen size as full screen there is just lots of blank screen and truncated data.

Anyone else feeling this is detracting from quite a nice update and the only way to get new features?

This topic has been closed for comments

21 replies

I guess nobody likes change but that font in like being poked in the eye by someone who hates you. Truncating the agent name is annoying (especially with all the white space either side of it) but nothing compared to the font.

Текст действительно очень плохо читаемый, очень устают глаза. Как это можно исправить?

One workaround is to use a CSS modifier browser add-in. I've modified the ticket subject with this css:

.ticket-subject {
font-size: 15px;
font-weight: 400;
}

gif showing the difference

Badge +2

Huge thanks for the tip Brad as some of our users are also struggling with the font UI on Mint.

I don't suppose you would know the code to change the ticket number font size / weighting themselves?

Kind regards

Steve

I implemented this too and it helped a lot, I was trying via Chrome Developer Tools to expand the Group/Agent drop-down box in the main ticket view but I am just not good at finding this stuff or knowing when I am beaten.

Something like

.ticket-id 
{
    font-size: 13px;    font-weight: 500;
}

Hey Steve Woodrow, this markup makes the ticket number a tad larger and with a darker font.

.ticket-id {
color: #444444;
font-size: 14px;
}

Badge +2

Peter & Brad

Thanks very much - really appreciated.

Regards

Steve

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thank you @Bradand @Peterfor helping with the tip.

@all, We're working on making some changes to the ticket page layout based on the feedback received so far.

We've been demonstrating this to a few of our customers and we're happy to see some smiling faces. I have attached a screenshot of the new page layout and we'd like to hear your feedback.

Cheers!

ticketdetail-open21_37431.png
Badge +2

This looks a lot better - stands out more

That heavier font weight will make long days easier on the eyes. Appreciate your attention on page readability @Aravind.

When do you expect this change to roll out to all users?

Badge +2

Is there an ETA for these changes - these would help some of my team a great deal.

Regards

Steve

Are there any planned changes for the ticket views to make them easier to read?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Steve@Brad Thank you. We're planning to roll out these changes gradually in the coming weeks. We're targeting early 2019 for the complete overhaul of the ticket page.

@David We're currently working on some ideas to improve the ticket list page experience. We'd love to hear your thoughts on the current list view page and what you'd like to change. I'll reach out to you over an email and take this discussion forward.

Cheers!

Badge +2

Having the ability to add tags would be useful at both ends of the ticket, as opposed to the top only.

Please let us know when the new change goes into effect.  The current UI font is difficult to work with. 

Can you just put back the old UI and call it a day?  I am getting a number of complaints from my team and now may consider switching to another ticketing system. 

Badge +2

Hi Aravind

Any further update on the launch date for the new UI?

Do you need any beta testers?

Regards

Steve

Badge +2

Any further updates on this as I understand the old UI is going soon and Mint will become compulsory??

Regards

Steve

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Kenny@Steve We're almost there - except for the final few touches to the new layout. We've focussed on making the page less cluttered and improve readability so that it's easier when you go through long conversations on a ticket. I'd be in a better position to help you with a date early next week.

Cheers!