Solved

More Dynamic Ticket Fields

• 18 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

We are looking for a new request ticket platform and love Freshdesk but the inability to create more dynamic ticket fields is a deal breaker for us. I want to make sure I’m not missing anything.

I want the user to choose a Request type - Marketing, Systems, or People. This I can accomplish by adding a section to the Type Field. (This seems to Max out at 3 which may be an issue in the future). 

Once they Choose Marketing Then they would choose a request category (ie, Graphic design, Signage needed, social media post). 

Then based on the request category it would display a bunch of ending questions to get the details for that request. So if they choose Signage Needed then it would ask due date, dimensions, photo of the location, material etc. 

I am not finding a way to get past just that 2nd level of logic so before I scrap the idea of using Freshdesk I just want to make sure I’m not missing something and this is possible.

Thanks in advance for any input!

icon

Best answer by Keer 3 March 2022, 12:57

View original

3 replies

Badge

Customer Service nor this forum has been responsive. I’m starting to think that this product may not be ideal if I cant get help with setup. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hello Steve. Firsty, welcome to the Community!

My sincere apologies for the delayed response- your post somehow got overlooked.

I’ve flagged this request internally and will have someone reach out to you very soon. We hope to make sure your experience much, much better.

Best,

Arvind

Refresh Community

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @SKrutsch, I see you are looking to use dynamic fields in not one level but two levels. Ideally, we can set up a flow like this: 

Choose an option from the type field > Show a section.

But here, it looks like you are trying to have a smilimar flow: 

Choose a type > Choose a sub-type > Show a section for the subtype.  Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Though it’s not directly possible, e can achieve this using portal customization by coding a logic such that, we have two fields: 

1. A drop down field - This can act as the type field
  2. A type field  - This can act as the sub-type field based on which the sections are shown

Let’s say, the drop-down field has three values, - A, B, C and Type field has the following options - A1, B1, C1, A2, B2, C2, A3, B3, C3. 

We can add a section for A1…...C3

With the help of portal customization, we can code the following logic: 

If we choose A, show A1, A2, A3, hide B1, B2, B3, C1, C2, C3. 

Then if we choose A1, show the fields added in A1 section and respectively for A2 and A3. 

Regarding your concern to add more than three options in type field, you can do so by clicking on the type field and using ‘Add a choice’ section: 

Adding choices to type field

Customization options in Freshdesk gives you ample scope to set up your portal and brand according to your business. You can indeed completely cutomize the look with the help of your developers. 

Please let me know if this helps. Have a good day!