New Freshchat vs Live Chat?

• 24 October 2018
  • 1 reply

This week the message to migrate to Freshchat popped up.
So I've started with Freshchat.

We do use Live Chat from within Freshdesk a lot. And we love it.

We only have 2 agents and when one of them has some spare time, he clicks on the button 'accepting chats' and poof.... on our 2 websites the chat option appears.

Now there is Freschat. And this is very confusing for us.

We can not tell the system to accept chats or not. The chat icon is allwas visible and functioning. Yes, I can set opening hours. But we have a contact page for 'slow-chat'.
When there is a chat option, the customer clicks on it to live chat with an agent.

There is no option for an agent to set himself available to chat or not. And when there is no agent available at all the chat option should not be visible on the website at all.

Next is the translation to Dutch.... wel... there is none.
My language is set to Dutch and the widget on the website is completely in English...

We have 2 websites. 
On one website we have an orange theme and the other a blue theme.

In Live chat I could alter the widget code so I could set the colours of the widget according to the site.

Also I could change the welcome text too.

Now on both sites, the appearance, the texts and everything else is the same.

So for now... we won't use Freshchat at all. It is nog even close to the simple (but very effective) functionality of Live Chat.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Re-sharing my response from the other topic.

1. Hide widget when agents aren't available:

It is understandable that you're looking for a way to hide the widget if there are no agents available. The option isn't available in Freshchat because it also supports async chats - the users can still leave their messages when the agents are offline and get reminded via push notifications or emails where there's a response. 

Having said that, the ability to disable the widget has been one of the significant asks from existing LiveChat users and we're already working on a code customisation to support this. I'll keep you posted on the developments on this regard.

2. Color customisation of the widget:

You would be able to change the Freshchat widget color from under Settings-->Web Messenger-->Appearance. If you wish to modify the color in a specific site, you can use this code and make the change as required.

headerProperty: {

backgroundColor: '#FFFF00',

foregroundColor: '#333333',

backgroundImage: 'https://wchat.freshchat.com/assets/images/texture_background_1-bdc7191884a15871ed640bcb0635e7e7.png'

}

3. Language option:

Please have a look at this article to get more information on the multi-language support offered by Freshchat. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need any further help.

Cheers!