"new" tickets that dont require a reply

We have phone support that we enter ourselves. These display as "new" in the ticket list until a reply is sent to the customer - we dont need to do this but the response SLA keeps being breached on all tickets that are not via email. Is there not a way to deactivate the response SLA on a ticket? Also a scenario with an email sent to a customer is not registering as a reply and therefore the response SLA is still active - bug?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

I have the same thing happen,  I open tickets on behalf of my customers but they don't require an immediate response. Sometimes not for weeks (*super* low priority issues or bug reports, or internal only issues).

Any updates or fixes in this matter?

+1

+1

+1

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello everyone,

Seems like I'm pretty much late to respond to this thread but I have an update ( which again, most would have known by this time ) . We've the option to compose emails from FreshDesk and the SLA would kick in only after the customer's response . Here's a quick read about the feature : https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/211974-sending-an-outbound-email-

Cheers!

Hi

In my oppinion that does not solve the issue discussed in this thread!
Please read our issue again or forgive me for missunderstanding Marcs request from the beginning.
We face the same issue with scenarios not counting as a reply. It really goes against anything I've seen in other systems.
Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

By default, the ticket will be assigned to the agent sending the email and it will be created with 'closed' status. This makes sure that SLA timers aren't running unnecessarily on an outbound ticket.

Once the customer responds to it to the email, the reply is appended to the ticket and the status is changed to 'Open'. The SLA timers start running at this point and you will be able to see the 'due bytime' of the ticket right next to it.

Cheers!

Hi,

But we don't want the customer or us to have to answer the ticket!

No one should have to answer the ticket! 

The ticket should be created as OPEN but since the ticket were created by an agent it should differ from a ticket that is created by a client, via email or web interface!

The next step is to actually resolve the customers ticket.. but the "answer before x"-SLA kicks in an complains about not answering the customer.

It someone can explain this to Aravind in an easier way I would appreciate it.