Question

New to Freshdesk

• 1 May 2023
  • 1 reply

• Apprentice
  • 0 replies

Hi there, I am a relatively new user of Freshdesk or for that matter of fact any ticketing system. I have understood the basic functionality of Freshdesk, but now I want to get into the type insights that Freshdesk can generate for me and for that I understand that its important to set the properties for tickets such as TAGS, TYPE and GROUP, is that correct? which one of this field is the most important for ticket categorization and which in turn reflects into reports

1 reply

Badge +1

Hi @NKN,

Welcome to Freshworks community !

All the three (Groups, Type, and Tags) can be reported.

If you would like to collect information from the End User using the Portal, we suggest you use the Type fields to categorize the tickets. The Agent can further tag the tickets if required.

If an email is converted to a ticket, you may want to use some Keywords to set up an automation and Tag them accordingly. Alternately, these type of tickets may need a little more attention to detail by the agent and they can Tag them.

All tickets need to be diverted to a group that is the first line of defense and if further analysis is required can be sent to other groups as required. Based on the Type value of the ticket from portal, you can set up automations to route them to a specific Group. 

Curated reports are available that include the Groups and the Type values but you can add filters or use Group by to get a report based on Tags.

Essentially the preferred order is Groups,Type, and Tags.

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Usha