No Knowledge Base in support widget

Our Freshdesk support widget doesn't show the knowledge base that we've created - it's visible on the portal but we need it to be included in the support widget - I'm sure I saw this feature in the demo - any help would be great, thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Niclas & James,

The Auto-suggest solutions feature is plan dependant and it is available from plans starting from Blossom.

Cheers!

I also have this problem. The auto fill doesn't work and there are no links to the Knowledge Base for either the embed or popup widgets.

I can't find this option as well. The widget (both popup and embeded) just allows the customer to send us a support ticket. The auto suggest doesn't show anything and there are no links to our knowledge base.

Yes. The Option is not there. No Adblocker, tried on multiple devices.

Hello Niclas, 

Can you go to Admin-->Portals-->Settings and check the option?

Thanks,

Vc

I cannot find this. 

- Go to Admin -> Customer Portal 
- Under 'User Permissions for portal', enable the Auto suggest option

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Shannon,

We've made some enhancements to the widget design wherein the Search Articles button would be visible even when the subject is not typed in. If you have any further suggestions, please do let us know :)

Cheers!

Badge +6

Shannon,

Glad to know that the auto-suggest solutions works well. Regarding the customization on the feedback widget, we currently do not have such options. However, we will be looking into it in the future and planning on such possible enhancements. 

I have these options turned on and works well after a subject is typed in.  However, I would prefer to have articles pertinent to the page they are on show up immediately without having to type a subject.

Is there a way to customize the Feedback widget to go ahead and display a set of Articles/Solutions under a specific folder?

Badge +6

Hi Derek,

Kindly check whether the auto-suggest option is enabled,

- Go to Admin -> Customer Portal 

- Under 'User Permissions for portal', enable the Auto suggest option

Also, go to Admin -> Feedback widget and check whether 'Users can Search Articles' is enabled. 

Kindly let us know if it works, looking forward to hear from you.