Question

Not receiving replies to tickets after responding to the question

• 5 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi, 

My company is setting up Freshdesk and we’re currently on the free account. We set up our email to forward emails to the email address provided by Freshdesk. This works great. However, when we receive an email (new ticket) and I reply to it on my agent account they will receive my email fine. But if they reply to it again, I will never receive it in the ticket conversation: 

1. Customer sends email through helpdesk@abc.com
  2. I reply to the email (now ticket) on my agent account on Freshdesk
  3. Customer receives my reply and replies to the email again
  4. I never receive the reply of the customer in the ticket

How can I resolve this?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @Frankicks, good day! Ideally, if the forwarding is set up right, when customer responds back to your reply, it would be threaded in the ticket. 

If you could share the EML file of the customer reply in the ticket we’ve created, we would be able to check this at our end to identify the root cause of the issue. Thanks and looking forward to helping you further here. 

I have exactly the same issue.

I recently set up Freshdesk, I can recieve tickets but my responses to tickets are not being recieved by the initiator.

I am not sure where to go looking for a fix

Can someone help

Trent

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @trentfreck, can you DM us your Freshdesk account URL which would be in the format domain.freshdesk.com? We’ll check the email delivery logs to see what’s happening in the backend and help you with more details on the same. 

I am having the same issue as the original post. When are on the free trial currently and we came across the issue when testing out the ticketing system. So we sent in a ticket and replied to it and everything worked, but when the person who sent in the ticket tries to respond again it doesn’t work.

I looked through notifications but I'm not sure where to look.

Zach

Badge +1

I am having the same issue as the original post. When are on the free trial currently and we came across the issue when testing out the ticketing system. So we sent in a ticket and replied to it and everything worked, but when the person who sent in the ticket tries to respond again it doesn’t work.

I looked through notifications but I'm not sure where to look.

Zach

I also got issue but when you reply to ticket and 2,3 times they will reply you. I think they are less cooperative with their customers. But somehow solve the issue. I also have integration issue with my website. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Dear @ZachFroisland,

Apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Could you please confirm if the email has reached your support mailbox? Also, is this happening for all the tickets or do you find any pattern for this issue?

If yes, Can you please DM a few sample EML files that didn't appear on the ticket? We will be able to check the email delivery logs in the backend to find the root cause of the issue. 

Cheers :)