Observer vs. Dispatch'r

• 24 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have gone through quite a lot of documentation. I noticed two different triggers called Observer and Dispatch'r. What exactly is the difference between the two? Also, why is there a need for these two separate concepts. I saw a post in the community forums that suggested unifying the two.

Thanks,

Ashish

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Ashish,

The basic difference between the two automations is the triggering time. The Dispatchr works on any new ticket coming into the helpdesk ( doesnt't work on already existing tickets ) whereas the Observer is an event-driven trigger .

For any event done on the ticket ( for example, adding a note, changing the priority ,etc ) , the observer rule will be executed irrespective of the ticket creation time. 

Dispatch'r - > Triggered during ticket creation

Observer -> Triggered on occurrence of any specific event on any ticket(s)

Cheers!

Thanks Aravind,

That was a very clear description.

Ashish

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks,Ashish. Have a great day :) 

Cheers!

Badge +7

Hello Ashish,

We have some news for you :)

We've been working on an update to the automation feature on Freshdesk. You can now set up Dispatch'r, Supervisor, and Observer rules from one place. 

The automation update is being rolled out in batches. You can learn more about it, and enable it for your account on this thread: https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/50000000107