Question

pass language as parameter to freshdesk

• 4 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, 

we host a saas solution. There, the user can decide for the whole application in englisch or application in german. 

We do also use freshdesk and there, we do also have the pages in englisch and in german. 

What we now want is the following (imho obvious):

When the user from our application opens a help page, the freshdesk page should be in the same language as the application (english or german). Easy would be to just pass the language as a parameter in the url. I did not find anything about this and ask for help here.

Regards

Sabine 

3 replies

Badge

after looking on it again I must say, this is a super stupid question :-) 

The parameter is in the url already. Sorry for the noise.

Sabine

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @SabineMa,

Greetings from Freshworks Community!

I understand that you would like to redirect the user to a specific language page of Freshdesk portal based on language of the app that the customer is using. Usually, the Freshdesk portal would be loaded in the browser’s default language. But if you would like to override that, you can pass the URL appropriately based on the language.

For eg, the default Freshdesk URL would be domain.freshdesk.com/support/home. But if you want to force open it in French, you can pass the URL like this: domain.freshdesk.com/fr/support/home. Here “fr” denotes French. Similarly for German, you can pass it as shown here: domain.freshdesk.com/de/support/home.

Let me know if it helps.

Cheers!

Sudharshan TR

Badge

Thank you Sudharshan, we solved it like this!