Password fields when creating user.

I was wondering while creating contact through the API there is no password param. What if contact is signing up through an API with fresh desk API?

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Zain,

The API allows you to create contacts but enabling the account/verifying the account has to be done manually by the actual user. Once the contact is created, Freshdesk sends an email notification with the link to setup the account using which the user can setup the password.

Cheers!

Hi Aravind S,

I got it, Thanks Buddy,

is there any topic related sign up from social accounts like (Facebook / Twitter) through API ? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Zain,

Freshdesk API allows you to create a contact with just the twitter ID (ie.Twitter handle) of the user. We haven't opened up avenues to create an user using their Facebook profiles.

Cheers!

hi Aravind

i just created a contact through the API but there was no activation email until i sen it from my admin dashboard, and after activating the account the contact redirected to the admin dashboard. am i doing something wrong?

Hi Aravind.

i just created a contact through API but there was no activation link sent to the contact's email, until i sent the email manually. And after activation the contact redirected to the admin portal. Am i doing some thing wrong?

Hi Aravind,

I just created a contact through API but there was no activation email sent to the contact's email, untill i sent it manually, and after the activation the contact is redirected to the ADMIN, am i doing something wrong?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Zain,

Can you please verify if the option User activation email under Admin -> Email notifications -> Requester notifications section has been turned on?

Cheers!