Question

Poor User Interface Design - Out of office scheduled banner placement - Epic Fail

• 15 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

The “out of office scheduled” banner hovers over the ticket properties Apply button and there is no way to move it. If you want to click Apply, you have to revoke the out of office schedule and then re-apply it. This is terrible user interface design and yet another epic fail for Freshdesk. Please fix this! See the screenshot below, showing how the window looks before and after revoke.

4 replies

It sounds like you've encountered a user interface issue in Freshdesk related to the "out of office scheduled" banner obstructing the "Apply" button within the ticket properties. This can indeed be frustrating. While I can't directly fix the issue for you, I can suggest some steps and actions to consider:

1. Report the Issue: The first step should be to report this problem to Freshdesk's support or feedback channels. They may not be aware of this specific issue, and your feedback can help them understand the problem and prioritize a fix.

2. Workarounds: In the meantime, while waiting for a fix, you can try to work around the issue. As you mentioned, revoking and then re-applying the out of office schedule might be an interim solution.

3. Seek Community Help: If there's an active Freshdesk user community or forum, you might find others who have encountered the same issue and have come up with creative solutions or workarounds.

4. Check for Updates: Keep an eye on Freshdesk's release notes or updates. They may address this issue in a future software update.

5. Custom Styling: Some applications allow for custom CSS styles. If Freshdesk provides this option, you might be able to use custom styles to move the banner, although this is a more advanced solution and may not always work.

Remember that software issues can be frustrating, but developers and support teams are usually eager to resolve them when they become aware of the problem. Reporting the issue directly to Freshdesk is your best course of action for getting it fixed. Get Register For Ehsaas Labour Program 2023, Complete Guide

The “out of office scheduled” banner hovers over the ticket properties Apply button and there is no way to move it. If you want to click Apply, you have to revoke the out of office schedule and then re-apply it. This is terrible user interface design and yet another epic fail for Freshdesk. Please fix this! See the screenshot below, showing how the window looks before and after revoke.

You're right. Have the same issue.

This is absurd, Should not be there at first place. Please fix 

Badge

I agree with this user. I have the same issue too. It is very annoying! Please fix