Populating a field with the list of Companies

• 10 July 2017
  • 2 replies

I have a simple question and I was hoping someone could give me a yes/no answer.

If we completely populate the Customers -> Companies view with a list organisations we deal with.  Is there any way we can then populate a customer facing ticket field so that when creating a ticket, they can then choose one of these organisations from the  list in a drop down?

Obviously, if we could do this easily, it would be good, but I'm happy if we can do it in any way, either using the API or SDK or some other way.

All help is gratefully received as it's really impairing us in going forward with using Freshdesk.

Regards

John

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Hi John,

The portal will be accessed by public users and if you are going to have a API key out there it might be a security vulnerability, however if you think the company information can be viewed by all users then in that case you can create a custom json object file where it has a list of all the companies in your account. By linking that to your portal we'll be able to get all the companies. That can be populated as a dropdown in the UI and stored inside a text field internally when the form is saved.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Jerry

Jerry

Let me just get a couple of things clarified, when you say; "The portal will be accessed by public users and if you are going to have a API key out there it might be a security vulnerability"

I'm aware that the public portal is available to the public, but the way we are using it means that you can only submit a ticket (and therefore see any data in the form) after you authenticate with a corporate Google account.  Does that negate the concerns that you raised using this method?

"however if you think the company information can be viewed by all users then in that case you can create a custom json object file where it has a list of all the companies in your account. "

The list of companies to appear in the drop down can be visible to all authenticated users, but not un-authenticated users

By linking that to your portal we'll be able to get all the companies. That can be populated as a dropdown in the UI and stored inside a text field internally when the form is saved.

So, ultimately this sounds promising, but could you clarify the points I've raised and we'll see if we can go forward with this?

Thanks and Regards

John