Question

Proactive Outreach - Get it to the Inbox

• 22 March 2023
  • 2 replies

In testing this new feature (which I am very excited about) I noticed that the emails do not show directly in the customers inbox, rather they get filled away and filtered out. 

Any ideas on how to fix? I’ve had to resort to mail merge to ensure our customers see emails and would love to take advantage of this feature - but it’s a low hit rate for me. 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @SamanthaCathcart,

Greetings from Freshworks community!

Could you confirm by filtering out do you mean the emails are landing to the spam folder of the recipient’s mailbox? If yes, could you check if you have enabled DKIM for your support address if you’re using Freshdesk mail server? Kindly refer to this article to see how to go about setting up DKIM in your Freshdesk account.

If you’re using custom mail server, you can have SPF records defined for your domain which would help in proper email delivery. Here’s an article for your reference.

Cheers!

Sudharshan TR.

If you have set up filters in your email client, they may be responsible for redirecting emails to a different folder or marking them as spam. Review your filters and ensure that they are not causing the issue. I used the same method while doing outreaching for my site.