Question

Problem with dependent fields

Badge

We have tried to add dependent fields to our ticket form, but they will not drop down when you go to submit a ticket in the portal. Does anyone have any solutions or similar problems?

18 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

HI there, @bonesaw!

Thank you for your question -- could you add perhaps some screenshots or a video grab so we can better understand the trouble you’re facing?

Badge

We have tried to add dependent fields to our ticket form, but they will not drop down when you go to submit a ticket in the portal. Does anyone have any solutions or similar problems?

i am faceing the same issue with my depedent fields that i am prepairing for my soccer site. Please help me too to get rid of this frustrating issue. Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Thank you @Bonesaw -- from the screenshots, the configuration seems to be as necessary. Would you want to share your account URL where the form is hosted, to check out how it looks?

Additionally, assuming the basic troubleshooting might be covered by you, I wonder if reaching out to Support would be the right way to go about this, so we can get you the technical assistance (in case, there’s a deeper problem.)

@khankako, could you send a video grab/screenshot as well that indicate your drop downs not working?

Thanks!

Thank you @Bonesaw -- from the screenshots, the configuration seems to be as necessary. Would you want to share your account URL where the form is hosted, to check out how it looks?

Additionally, assuming the basic troubleshooting might be covered by you, I wonder if reaching out to Support would be the right way to go about this, so we can get you the technical assistance (in case, there’s a deeper problem.)

@khankako, could you send a video grab/screenshot as well that indicate your drop downs not working?

Thanks!

Sure let me record a video and take some screenshots then share them here with you to check what actually the problem is. 

Badge

The url is klarisana.freshdesk.com and I’ve reached out to support, but it has been over a week with no progress on the open ticket.

We have tried to add dependent fields to our ticket form, but they will not drop down when you go to submit a ticket in the portal. Does anyone have any solutions or similar problems which we are facing on travel purse buying guide?

Still have the same problem. I tried different techniques even hired a full stack developer but still the issue is as the same as it was. Have you found any solution for the problem. If yes then kindly share with us so we can fix the issue also.

Badge

is there any video tutorial that can explain each and everything as I’m unable to understand this one… 

Badge

I still haven’t found any solution to the problem, and freshdesk support does not seem to be very prompt with their responses.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Bonesaw 

This is Pooja from the Freshdesk Community team. I am sorry that we could not get back to you sooner on this thread.  We understand dependent field selection on the customer portal is not working as expected. We had multiple customers report the same issue, and I checked with our product team to get an update on the progress before keeping everyone posted here.

Our developers have acknowledged this as a bug which surfaced after the new portal update, and our best hands are on it to fix the same. I'll keep you posted on the ticket and share further developments in this Community thread for reference.

We, as a company, strive our best to provide the best customer experience, and we'll see to it that we'll set things right going forward. Have a good day!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Is this now fixed before i start creating dependent fields?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey @JCMLI1973 ,

Yes, It’s working now.

i am faceing the same issue with my depedent fields that i am prepairing for my soccer site. Please help me too to get rid of this frustrating issue. Thanks.

Badge +1

Same issues

If you're interested in using KineMaster pro, I recommend downloading it from official app stores like Google Play Store or Apple App Store

One of the best things about Kinemaster pro apk is how simple it is. 

VidMate is a free video downloader app for Mobile Phones. Download VidMate APK and Get free MP3 music, HD videos and movie downloads from Facebook

webparanoid

web