Question

Remove e-mail history for incoming reply

• 16 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, 

I found some old posts about this but no solution. 
Tried to google a bit for it as well but I guess I’m searching for the wrong key words. 

I don’t want to see the quoted text when I get a reply from a customer in my ticket. 
Eather remove or collapse the quoted text. 

Is there a built-in function for this or current app or can it be done making an app ? 

Comments include full comment history | Freshworks Community
Create an email delimiter to clean up the replies flow on ticket interface | Freshworks Community

Kind regards

Daniel 

6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

We wanted something similar but we couldn’t find a built in method of doing this (Which would be nice!)

We use this app and finds it works perfectly! https://www.freshworks.com/apps/freshdesk/remove_quoted_text

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi,

We wanted something similar but we couldn’t find a built in method of doing this (Which would be nice!)

We use this app and finds it works perfectly! https://www.freshworks.com/apps/freshdesk/remove_quoted_text

Hello, ya I found it as well but the tests I did it just removed the outgoing messages history. 
Sure, you will in the long run not have the quoted message at all then. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @daniel.soderlund,

As @themac mentioned, we can use this app to remove all the quoted text while sending out emails from your account but unfortunately we wouldn’t be able to remove quoted text from the email which customer sends to you as that’s something that has to be done on the customer’s mailbox level. 

However, using the app would help you a lot because the email thread is being removed while sending out from Freshdesk and while customer replies they would have only one email in the quoted text which would be the latest email sent by you and not the entire email thread.

With that being said, we can let your product team know about this request from you and we’ll have he feasibilities of the feature checked.

Cheers!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @daniel.soderlund,

As @themac mentioned, we can use this app to remove all the quoted text while sending out emails from your account but unfortunately we wouldn’t be able to remove quoted text from the email which customer sends to you as that’s something that has to be done on the customer’s mailbox level. 

However, using the app would help you a lot because the email thread is being removed while sending out from Freshdesk and while customer replies they would have only one email in the quoted text which would be the latest email sent by you and not the entire email thread.

With that being said, we can let your product team know about this request from you and we’ll have he feasibilities of the feature checked.

Cheers!  

Hello, so why can quoted be minimized (3 dots) when we send out but when you receive? 
Can an app parse the e-mail and do that? 

KR

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, so why can quoted be minimized (3 dots) when we send out but not when you receive? 

Can an app parse and edit the note? 

Badge +3

Yes, It would be nice to have the history of a mail always collapsed and visualized with 3 buttons.. In mail from us to the client but also for incoming mails.

kr,

Koen