Question

Removing "Customer Responded" flag

• 3 September 2021
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m wondering if/when it will be possible to remove this indicator from a ticket. It’s annoying to be trying to visually scan the ticket queue and not be sure if I’ve already addressed something. Sometimes customers send auto responses, “thank you,” or “give me a few days” messages that don’t need an immediate response. I see that this is an issue that was brought up previously and the discussion was closed two years ago with a “bear with us” message. Any actual updates on the status of that change?

17 replies

We just started using Freshdesk recently, and so far this is one of the main complaints from Agents, the ‘Customer Responded’ flag is very useful in identifying tickets that need immediate attention, but so many of our clients respond with little confirmations, it just doesn’t make sense to keep replying back and forth with them. The agents want to just read what the customer sent, and then clear the flag if they don’t need to do anything.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I have resorted to removing the “state” from my visible columns - because it wasn’t very helpful.

every other day i pull a report of my ‘overdue’ tickets to remedy those - and I do not have to look at “customer responded” all day 😆

But i do love that you can customize which columns are in view - and pick the ones that are important to you!

my columns

I have resorted to removing the “state” from my visible columns 

I was about to try this out, but only a few of the departments use the Table view, the others prefer the Card View, and it’s not really optional on there. Otherwise I would maybe just simulate the same effect by adding tags via automation. Of course even if everyone did use table view, they still lose the colouring on the tags unfortunately :(

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hello all!

I think the idea of changing the columns is the best next idea. Unfortunately the Customer Responded flag is here to stay (at least for the foreseeable future), only because of how intricate we can get with when/how a user’s reply should convey certain meanings to that tag.

I can recommend raising an idea here, so you can gather votes & feedback from other members who might have a similar problem, and bring attention to our product teams.

... Unfortunately the Customer Responded flag is here to stay (at least for the foreseeable future), ...

My preference would be to make use of the Customer Responded flag, I do like having it, the only problem is that there are situations where we want to take it off of a ticket without having to reply to the customer. If there was some way to do that, it would be an ideal solution.

Badge

Agree on the need for a “Mark as Read” button or otherwise manually remove “Customer Responded” based on Agent judgment.

Customer Responded is a vital flag to know if a customer has responded with information we need or has a substantial update on a ticket, but the only way to reset it is to reply or make a public note

Having to reply to a “thank you” or other non-important communication from a customer, just to reset this very useful flag, is inefficient and causes redundant communication to the customer.

I see the idea for this is archived, does that mean it is no longer active and a new idea would have to be created to vote on? 

I wonder if there has been any improvements on this matter. Why not make an manual button that removes ‘customer responded’ when the issue has been read? It can not be so difficult to implement.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello all!

I think the idea of changing the columns is the best next idea. Unfortunately the Customer Responded flag is here to stay (at least for the foreseeable future), only because of how intricate we can get with when/how a user’s reply should convey certain meanings to that tag.

I can recommend raising an idea here, so you can gather votes & feedback from other members who might have a similar problem, and bring attention to our product teams.

I believe this flag what we call in ITSM world is “Needs Attention”, is set when the ticket assigned to you is updated by anybody other than you. That means it will show up in your ticket dashboard as highlighted.

And as soon you as an assignee make any changes to this ticket, this flag should be reset to null. And this is how it should work. If it isn’t, it has to be made available.

Raising the same idea !

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello all!

The idea has been created.

Yes, you should be able to clear this flag. I’ve got tickets where we’ve read and added a note - we don’t need to respond to the customer.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I totally agree with everyone above. You should be able to clear this flag. I’m fairly new to Freshdesk by I am definitely not impressed with it so far. There are so many little annoyances, like this particular one. Unfortunately, I am stuck with using Freshdesk because it was forced upon us. Why isn’t Freshdesk more responsive to requests like this. It seems like a very small change that obviously lots of people are asking for.

Badge

i agree with this also. I use outlook to reply to the client responses and the Customer Responded Flag does not clear out and I believe it should. Can you at least look at an enhancement to see if we can clear this flag manually? This is becoming an administrative nightmare!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey Freshdesk Team, can you please respond to the request in this thread? We need the ability to manually clear the “Customer responded” state, without having to send a reply to the customer. This is a major pain point! How hard can it be to add a button “Clear Customer responded”????

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’m wondering if/when it will be possible to remove this indicator from a ticket. It’s annoying to be trying to visually scan the ticket queue and not be sure if I’ve already addressed something. Sometimes customers send auto responses, “thank you,” or “give me a few days” messages that don’t need an immediate response. I see that this is an issue that was brought up previously and the discussion was closed two years ago with a “bear with us” message. Any actual updates on the status of that change?

Hey FreshDesk Team, do you have any update on this? Customers have been complaining about this for awhile, on several different forums threads. Please fix it. It’s very annoying. You need to add a way for us to manually clear the Customer Responded flag. Please listen to us.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Totally agree. We need a way to manually clear that flag. It’s so annoying when a customer’s out of office auto reply turns the flag on. 

We’re also having this issue. Adding a note and updating the status does not remove the flag. It’s infuriating! 

For the love of G-d, please have a clear ”Customer Responded” Flag.  Its super useful to know when a customer responds, however I am a HUGE proponent of reduction if email noise.   Responding with useless responses is not the answer.   Thats not efficient.