Question

Removing Customer Support Portal

• 25 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I’m thinking about removing the customer support portal for my business. We have created a new support website which uses freshdesk APIs to display our solutions and the support widget so we don’t want the old support portal to be accessible to customers anymore (although our agents will still be using their side which is not customer facing). 

I couldn’t find how to do this in the admin panel so some direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @hrayner 

Greetings from Freshworks Community! 

With respect to your use case, by default Freshdesk comes with a Customer portal which is the Primary portal of the helpdesk. This portal cannot be hidden or toggled off from accessing for customers or agents. However please note that you can disable the secondary portals in your account, this can be done by going to Admins → Portals → Edit portal → Toggle Off → Save. 

I cant do this, it is greyed out, any idea why? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Max_Pownall

Greetings for the day!

Upon checking your account details, we can only see one portal associated with your Freshdesk account. In this case, this portal would be considered as the default primary portal and cannot be hidden or toggled off from accessing for customers or agents.

Feel free to drop a note for any further help. 

Cheers,