Question

Reply to customer tickets directly from outlook without visiting freswork application

• 4 January 2023
  • 1 reply

We are currently evaluating freshdesk and therefore have created a new office 365 mailbox which we have connected to the freshdesk. The setup is working quite well - incomming emails create a new ticket which can be answered within the freshdesk application. However I am now wondering if it is possible to reply to a customers ticket directly from the email client (outlook) without opening first the freshdesk application.

I have observed that when I reply to a ticket message that my response will be added by freshdesk to the ticket history. But my response is not forwarded to the customer. Do I miss an important setting or is freshdesk just not thought to be used directly from outlook?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @ruffzy,

Greetings from Freshworks community. 

If you reply to your customer directly from your mailbox, the mail that you send to the customer will reach them however it doesn’t reach Freshdesk. If you reply to the customer directly from Freshdesk, all your replies would be added to the quoted text but the same wouldn’t happen for replies done from your mailbox.

Since this could cause confusions for other agents present in your Helpdesk, it is advisable to send out replies from Freshdesk directly instead of using Mailbox. Let me know if you have any doubts in this and I’d be glad to help.

Cheers!