Solved

Report - agent visibility

• 2 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I think helpful to configure which single users can access to the reports, also for the curated reports.

Now that’s possible only for role and not for users.

Regards,

Davide

icon

Best answer by Aldrin 4 March 2021, 02:02

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2

@ba-operations Analytics in Freshdesk helps you identify problems in your helpdesk, keep a check on the metrics, and measure and improve the efficiency of your helpdesk. This is why we restricted analytics and reports to Supervisors, Admins, and Account Admins. 

However, complete features of analytics and reports are available for the Estate plan, and above, we have the ‘Custom Roles’ also from the same plan, so that we don’t have to limit access to the agents too for this plan.

Reports and Analytics under Freshdesk can be accessed by agents with a custom role as a feature but they will not be able to access all the data inside it.

We have date scoping for agents on analytics and reports, based on the permissions and the access he/she has. Let us say an agent belonging to Group ‘Escalations’ and having access to view only tickets assigned to this group, then the agent will only be able to view the data based on the tickets they have scope for. 

Hope this helps!

Aldrin,
Freshdesk Community Team

Badge +1

Hi Aldrin, that’s made sense for me.

Probably i didn’t make myself clear. Our need is to restrict the access only for a subset of Analytics/Reports.

Example:

• Supervisor 1: access all reports/analitycs.
  • Supervisor 2: access only Ticket Volume Trends and Group Distribution and have no access to other analitycs/reports.

So, in this way the permission are different for each analitycs/reports and not for roles.

I hope now it’s clear.

Regards,

Davide

Hi Davide,

Hope you are doing well :)

Thanks for elaborating on your specifics here. This definitely seems to be a legit use-case. We shall go ahead and pass on your valuable idea as feedback to our Product team who will be able to check the feasibility and work, to bring this feature in any of our future enhancements.

Cheers! 

Badge +1

Hi, Any news about this query?

Badge +1

Is there any update about analytics visibility. We’d like to limit visibility by agent groups and roles if possible. 

Thanks,

Jen

Badge +2

Attention Community,

I’m working with Support right now to help make them understand that this visibility issue is a bug and not the way the report feature was intentionally designed to work. 

Stay tuned for more updates.

Badge +2

The Supervisor I spoke to was very profession and acknowledged this bug and said that she will be our champion tour guide and will present it to the next team.

Additional side note,

Support believed that there might have be a suitable workaround with converting an agent into a collaborator. Well.. our experience did not go so well. My agent (now collaborator) gets a constant “Your session has expired” error any time the analytics page was called up. We waited several hours to see if it was a sync’ing issue but the error persisted.

Rolling the agent back to their previous setup resulted in the agents previously built report being lost (i’m suspecting they became orphaned in the DB by changing the agent role back and forth). Support has been notified again that there workaround failed.

TLDR: Use collaborator roles with caution and keep your expectations very low. 

Badge +2

Update,

PSA: Restoring agent access had more negative side effects than Freshdesk support was aware of. First it took +12 hours for the agent’s access into the Analytics page to become restored. Upon being able to revisit this page, my analysis found that all his past reports were missing. After getting over the heart failure we found his reports in the trash.

Circling back to the main reason why we are all here. Freshdesk still does not have a role for analytical agents to use nor do they have the proper permissions set to view reports. TLDR: End user have to be enrolled into the groups before being able to see data within Analytics. +22 days with support on this topic and its still working as design to them. If you find time in your day, please let support know this is not a feature so I’m not the only one pushing back.

Your friendly neighborhood Sr. Systems Administrator,

David