Representation of HTML code in KB articles not clear.

• 7 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

The KB editor is fairly limited, but there is the option to edit the
HTML code. However, we now see we get one result when logged in as an
agent in Mint, and another on the portal. I would assume what is shown
in an article in the editor is also what appears on the portal. But that is not the case.

In
a ordered list a type can be added, such as type="a". This looks fine
in the article, but is changed to numbers in the portal. This is not
only confusing, but also frustrating.

Attached the HTML code, the result on the agent's screen (in Mint) and the result on the customer portal.

Should I assume the HTML editor should not be used to enhance documents and we just have to live with the basic options in the normal editor?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Badge +7

The example HTML code has a mistake in it. Sorry. Third line should not have </li> at the end. But this is not the cause of the problem. The result in editor and portal remains different.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Mark,

You're right. The article should show up exactly as how you see it on the agent interface (as long as the portal isn't customised). Looks like the ol type is getting rendered right on the portal (when you look at the code on the portal side) but not sure why it defaults to numbers. I'll have a word with the team and see what we can do to fix this. 

As a workaround, you can include the list style type when you define the ol element as illustrated in the screenshot below.

Or, if you have access to the portal stylesheet section, you can add a class to the ol element on the article and style it to display the line items as expected.

ol.d {list-style-type: lower-alpha;}

Cheers!

Badge +7

I have tried the workaround, and it also only works on the agent interface.