Question

Responding in ticket to a cc-ed email who is not the requester

Userlevel 1
Badge

Often there are several cc-ed emails on tickets submitted through FD via email (email is the primary method our users create tickets with FD).  When any one of these cc-ed emails responds to the ticket via email, my Reply in FD lists just the Requester who originally submitted the tickets in the TO line. 

This means I’ll be addressing a question asked by a person in the CC line, but the email address in the To line is not the person I’m addressing.  This has been a source of confusion for our clients / users and looks like I made a mistake in how I am emailing the client.

I really need FD ticket replies to work more like how most email services (like gmail) work:  if you click Reply, the email will default the To line to the email of the person who submitted the most recent email response.

Is there any setting in FD to accomplish this?  Or does this require FD to change some of their logic?

I appreciate any help here!

6 replies

Hi all,

I edit the ticket and change the recipient in the field. I find this quite laborious and I hope that in the future, this will be further and more friendly. Because actually, I don't think it works quite efficiently

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @rtwardzik @r.ball @foxcubmama , did the workaround work for you?

Do let us and the community know your experience with the suggested workaround!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi everyone,

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

As of now, ​tickets can only have one email address that you can reply TO and that would always be the requester of the ticket. So if you wish to modify the requester of the ticket to the CC'd participant, please copy their email address and edit the ticket to change the requester:

OnC1YB7Orjj7haS8wOFDrT4CNx539jMeElAn9-ARPhdP4NCg2k-xVeuze5fq_qSzg9r-WY0DBNHdzbnuEiL88jjREhGltDSZQ1QfiJgutCeYow9-2OQTCgRBm-hS6NDW-8l1EH0WhyrQ1UZy_T2ezVj6qi0OQ6F2WpYTBFhQKEEY3dMg1yYqOr-4CA

AFltz0mC05Rp1IvaLEBcWi4Qe57rPaMtoV342vbAbHXAVXfgBzwFkYyC52-lkxUVQ_QUb5_dcLV3JpHbckSJOCuqknfu3-1uwsLPEW-hOIczlWFHpxrAZH6NxCRA7RLJBLbniTd1oG0wYmJJESOvGPk

Another workaround is to forward the ticket from Freshdesk by replacing the To address as the CC recipient and vice versa. 

bl9KMHwqDQDXu6-CM-CHKXhxgTxLeHtBhpW4R7uuJwjAZdp6OPdAgcRkJPMBYVAufyBuFhHeLevZltJ98m6DiHjX21acsoUiTl3N6BIf-MERrOPgf8UK5ll3BiCzfIBvCBw0fIPYZ99O9qeIz7xTtmu0YPqfHRmXdETq-5OMTg-5liVYMS1N_C2P1w

To notify when there is a reply from the user, please go to Admin-> Automations-> Ticket Updates-> Automatically reopen tickets when customer replies and add the action Note is added-> Any. This would ensure that the ticket reopens when a forward is replied to as well.

icyXvTgCyWq4pHbEoK8EBAE1NRDWVaE8odaJP-mg-QWa4EgdJUo4eUMfiMaHzvw72nFH3ktfTn-Odek8OBj2yD0ODRiXeOcqMvnt88RZ6kRTNAzIf2RiZUHXuYQZXh9GYNVDvEHXhV65F3_3l-BQR3Q

We certainly agree that it would be helpful to have the ability to change the “To” email address while replying to tickets through Freshdesk. The feature release is a part of the road map, but we do not have any tentative ETA yet. We’ll share the details once there is some considerable progress :)

Cheers,

Aishvarya.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Yes! Being able to change the “to” in an email response would be great!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Freshdesk team – any thoughts or ideas on how this can be improved?

Badge +1

I am interested in the reply for this.