Solved

Rule to send an email on a delay is not sending the email

• 22 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I created a very simple rule to send the email that the ticket was resolved one hour after the ticket was resolved. Alas, it doesn’t send the email. What am I missing here? I disabled the email notification first. The reason we want to do that is that some of our customers have reported receiving the “resolved” email before the agent’s reply. So, we want to be sure they get the agent’s reply before we notify them of the ticket’s resolution.

Here is the rule (i can see # of tickets impacted by it):

If Status is Resolved
AND
If Hour Since Resolved is 1
Send Email to Requester

PS I’m working in our sandbox at the moment.

icon

Best answer by Keer 23 February 2021, 09:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @kgnall, good day :) 

I see that you have set up the time trigger to run if the hour since resolved, is 1. Though the intent is right here, the time trigger rule runs at any time of the hour and hence the ‘IS’ condition would not work. 

For example, assume the ticket was resolved at 8 PM. As per your use case, you have set up the rule to run exactly after an hour. So, if the rule runs at 9.05 PM, the conditions would fail as the ticket has been resolved 1 hour and 5 minutes back. 

To avoid this, what we can do here is, we can tweak the rule as below: 

If status is resolved AND 

If hours since resolved is greater than 1 AND 

If the hours since resolved is lesser than 3

Then, 

Send an email to the requester. 

When we include a greater than and a lesser than case here, we can ensure the rule would pick all tickets. Please ensure the gap is for 2 hours. 

Can you please make the tweak and see if that does the trick? 

Should you need further help, I’d suggest you write to support@freshdesk.com and our support buddies would be able to help you further. 

Cheers, 

Keer, 

Freshworks Community Team

Badge

I tried it today. I see the rule impacted the ticket, but no email was sent. I will contact support now. Thanks!