Scammers using support@helinga.freshdesk.com

• 27 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Your E-Mail Server seems to be compromised and is used for Scamming and Spamming. This was reported before and it seems like you are not interested or capable to stop it.

Please react appropriately or your Domain will be reported to all big Network Security companies for global blocking.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @batlb - Thank you for notifying us. I have alerted our team and we are looking into this on priority. I appreciate your help, thank you so much.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @batlb,

Greetings from Freshdesk Community. :)

We truly appreciate you for bringing this to our notice. We have notified the security team at our end and the required actions have been taken to stop spam emails being sent from support@helinga.freshdesk.com. 

Let us in case you still encounter any issues and we can sort it out ASAP. 

Cheers,

I've received hundreds of scam/phishing emails from freshdesk. I report everyone I get as spam and not even an hour later another suspicion/malicious email from freshdesk arrives. I'm guessing there's nothing you can do about this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @Collin - I’m really sorry to hear this. I have passed this to the support team to look into this and we will get back to you shortly. Should we require more details, we will reach out via DM. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can look into.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Collin ,

Welcome to Freshworks Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you've received suspicious emails from one of the user who uses Freshdesk as their ticketing platform. It is definitely not out attention to put you in a tough spot. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we will pass on your feedback to our security team. To help us investigate this issue further, could you please send us a DM with a screenshot of the phishing email you received? Based on that, we will check and flag the account. Thank you for your cooperation.

Here’s to you,
Vidya D

Learn something new today, get recognized for your contributions, stay on top of product updates and build meaningful connections in our Freshdesk community. Fresh ideas, quality service :)

Hi Team, 

Here are a few more email addresses you might want to look at:

support@neanepal.freshdesk.com
support@alphadiaconato98.freshdesk.com
support@cortenuovaholidays.freshdesk.com
support@lauraferloni.freshdesk.com
support@havallay.freshdesk.com
support@menaraahly.freshdesk.com
support@demitvere.freshdesk.com
support@demittiha.freshdesk.com
support@demit06una.freshdesk.com
support@alphauna099.freshdesk.com
support@vsoftservice.freshdesk.com
support@vertygolf.freshdesk.com
support@androgat.freshdesk.com
support@healthra.freshdesk.com
support@info2511.freshdesk.com
support@alphavbv00.freshdesk.com
support@hiveradepton.freshdesk.com
support@malikltd-help.freshdesk.com
support@uyoupro.freshdesk.com
support@alpha887.freshdesk.com
support@horizonsconsultancy.freshdesk.com
support@melan003.freshdesk.com
support@bamelec83.freshdesk.com
support@milenergies.freshdesk.com
support@bardelli.freshdesk.com
support@gepaste.freshdesk.com
support@info8009.freshdesk.com
support@luisi-help.freshdesk.com
support@posteoffice.freshdesk.com

While their from name would be things like:

Neṭflix
PosṭOffice
RМВ Рrіvаtе Ваnk
iCIoud
Vsoft
Aƿƿle
ZA Office
Notice
NeṭfIix
NeṭfIix
Νетflіх.

Nетflix.
пеtflix.
пеtflix.
.PostOffice
Delivery Payment
Post office

Here is an example of the text in some of the emails received from them, in plain text format [I removed the links to not be a risk. :-) ]

Apple ID
Hi {Our Email},

Wе rесеіvеd аn іnѕtruсtіоn а fеw hоurѕ аgо tо lосk уоur ісlоud еmаіl frоm оur ѕеrvеr duе tо unаuthоrіzе ѕіgn іn.
Υоu nееd tо соnfіrm уоu mаdе thіѕ rеquеѕt оr wе wіll соntіnuе wіth rеquеѕt fоr furthеr tеrmіnаtіоn оf уоur ісlоud.
but іf уоu thіnk іt іѕ аn еrrоr, tаkе асtіоn іmmеdіаtеlу tо ѕtор thіѕ рrосеѕѕ, еlѕе уоur ісlоud wіll bе сlоѕеd ѕhоrtlу.

UNLOCK ACCOUNT

Fееl frее tо соntасt uѕ іf уоu hаvе аnу quеѕtіоnѕ. Fоr mоrе іnfоrmаtіоn, vіѕіt thе Неlр Сеntеr оr соntасt uѕ.

I hope this helps you Identify and fix it. :-)

Another one  support@bneaid.freshdesk.com

I’m considering to block freshdesk on our mail gateway.

hello@email.freshworks.com Is this a genuine support email ID i received an email recently?